Hotel Reservation Info

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2011.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: Hotel Reservation Info

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merk23literturbo wrote:Uh Oh! No rooms left for June 3rd, and only 7 left for the 4th. Get em while you can.
Don- Your reservation is now inclusive of both nights - Fri and Sat - should be the same confirmation# as before.

Everyone else... I've been able to "steal" a couple rooms from another group, but they will likely go quickly. Act now or sleep in a van down by the river in a couple weeks. :mrgreen:
Brad
merk23literturbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by merk23literturbo »

Sweeet, Thanks Brad.
German engineer: We custom fit every part in the Porsche engine.
Japanese engineer: You mean that you make every part wrong to begin with?
steedafocusgirl
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steedafocusgirl »

Wow the hotel management is great! I booked our room several weeks ago. We will be staying from 6/1 until 6/6. The lady told me at the time I made my reservation that 6/1 night and the 6/5 nights would be regular rate because they are not during the Merkur Club's regular block rate.

Well, this week I recieved an email from the manager saying that he knows we are going with the Merkur Club so he's going to extend the discounted rate to my reservation! Super!
So thats an extra $40.00 in our pocket plus the 10% tax! ;)
Kristin
#42-2001 Turbo Steeda Focus
1989 Merkur Xr4ti modded
1985 Merkur Xr4ti solid roof "comp shell" All stock and Beautiful
1989 Merkur Xr4ti hubbys Merk
I AM the TURBO PRINCESS

Paschek
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Paschek »

I just cancelled my reservation 1 minute ago, for the 3rd and 4th. So hopefully someone here can pick it up. Have fun!
'85 XR - subaru bumper, custom skirts, rs500/stock wing, ported and polished, big valves, 3" exhaust to dual, CAI, mod-mack intercooler, 120deg intake, t5.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I just edited this for next year - figured I'd post it here for now since we don't have a Carlisle 2012 section yet. Our group rate is already loaded in the Radisson reservation system, but when I called the first time they couldn't find it - called back an hour later, spoke with a different agent, and she had no trouble locating it <shrugs>.

--------------------------------------

For the most part, nobody complains about the Radisson, so for 2012, we again return to the Radisson in Camp Hill PA (http://www.radisson.com/camphillpa), just outside of Harrisburg.

Discounted room rates are un-changed from last year as follows:
$109 Single or Double
$119 Triple
$129 Quad

To book a room at the group rate, you must specify that you are with the Merkur Club of America. Reservations must be called in using either of the following numbers:
1.717.763.7117 Hotel
1.800.333.3333 World-wide Reservations
(Note: There is no on-line option to make a reservation at the group-rate)
If the rep on the reservation line has any trouble finding our group rate, the group code is: 1205MERKUR

The typical Friday arrival, Sunday morning departure would involve a 2-night reservation of June 1 and 2 (departing Sunday morning, June 3rd). You may arrive a day early or stay a day late at the group rate. Increasingly, many of us arrive on Thursday (May 31), and get a full day at the show on Friday.

I just made my reservation via the 800#, and had my confirmation details e-mailed within 5 minutes. Last year the hotel sold out of rooms and some people had to stay at an alternate property. As most of you know, Carlisle isn't Carlisle unless you hang out at the hotel, so if you plan to be there (and why wouldn't you?), make your reservation now.
Brad