I 70 Convoy at Columbus Ohio

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2011.
Merkur Club web site
C-Rock
Level 2
Level 2

I 70 Convoy at Columbus Ohio

Post by C-Rock »

I plan to jump on the I 70 Convoy in Columbus any idea what time the Convoy plans to hit the Columbus area?

Cliff
csenior
Level 1
Level 1

Post by csenior »

Cliff,
The majority of planning and questions for the convoy are done through yahoo groups. I personally live in the Pittsburgh area. A small group and I are usually the first ones to the Cracker Barrel restaurant at New Stanton. Jerry Chandler is in touch with me keeping me up to date on where the groups are. I warn the restaurant that the group is coming. The I-70 and an I-76 convoys converge at New Stanton, PA.

i70-convoy@yahoogroups.com
Chris Senior
1987 XR4Ti 5-Speed - Modified
1989 Scorpio 5-Speed - Stock
XR4Matt
Level 2
Level 2

Post by XR4Matt »

i am not aware of a convoy coming through c-bus but the 76 convoy stops in norton ohio at cleveland-massilon road and i76 friday morning.. (norton is 2 hours north of cbus and 2 hours east of findlay, then on to new stanton where it meets everyone else
kingfisch

Re: I 70 Convoy at Columbus Ohio

Post by kingfisch »

Merkur I-70 Convoy dramatically different this year.
We are heading from St.Louis to Grayson's MC2Racing, super-duper, brand new garage to fondle suspension parts and oogle over his racecar , RS200 and other goodies.. will be there Thursday evening.

We will overnight at the EconoLodge in Jeffersonville, Ohio on I-71 and depart at 7:30am on Friday for our lunch stop at New Stanton, Pa. Cracker Barrel.

The convoy will be rather small this year.. maybe ten cars or so. If we can get out of New Stanton a little early, we can divert from the Pa. Turnpike for an hour or so and run the US-30 thru the mountains.. wonderful, uncrowded drive. This route allows us to make a brief pit-stop at the Flight 93 Memorial near Shanksville, Pa. We join the Pa. Turnpike at Breezewood and can still stop for that ice cream cone at the Sideling Hill Service Plaza.

This may be one of the nicest convoy runs ever. If you'd like to join us anywhere along the route, please phone me at 724-448-5687
-Jerry Chandler
-Kingfisch
1988 Merkur Scorpio, Black, 235k miles
1989 Merkur Scorpio, White, 175k miles
1986 Merkur XR4ti project car, and running!
MERKUR I-70 CONVOY COORDINATOR
BEEN TO CARLISLE 17X AND CONVOYING AGAIN IN 2014! THE ROADTRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!
Hidyman

Re: I 70 Convoy at Columbus Ohio

Post by Hidyman »

I'm looking for a way back to the Columbus/Dayton area after the show.
Any takers?

Thanks,
Jeremy Hidy