A BIG THANKS to the MCA!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2011.
Merkur Club web site
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

A BIG THANKS to the MCA!

Post by MerkurScorpio »

Thank you as always to the MCA, along with Carlisle Productions and all of the sponsors and Merkur vendors, who helped make Carlisle 2011 another fantastic year! Carrie and I had a great time, and Paul-Aaron's excitement all weekend spoke for itself! This is my verbal standing ovation for folks such as Brad Anesi, Saul Rivkin, Paul West, Andrew West, and Scott Williams for all the time and effort they put into this every year (my apologies if I'm accidentally leaving anyone out!!). Believe me, from having been a part of the Carlisle planning process in 2002, I can tell you this event doesn't just come together by itself. Countless hours, phone calls, meetings, negotiations, and hard work go into making every year special, and once again the MCA has done a stellar job.
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
merk23literturbo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: A BIG THANKS to the MCA!

Post by merk23literturbo »

I give a second to that standing ovation. Thanks again to all the guys who make it possible for us to meet every year and have a great time. Thanks to all the vendors too.
Thanks for the secret hidden goodies in the Tool kit(used it today) also! (But what's the two OEM Ford pieces from Merkur Depot?)
Thanks again,
Don
German engineer: We custom fit every part in the Porsche engine.
Japanese engineer: You mean that you make every part wrong to begin with?
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

merk23literturbo wrote: (But what's the two OEM Ford pieces from Merkur Depot?)
There were Scorpio bags and XR4Ti bags with NOS stuff - the XR parts are spacers for the bumper. Jeff has a nice description and pics of those on his site so I will direct everyone to a link there since I just gave away all 70 pcs. I had in stock :)
http://www.merkurmidwest.com/catalog/i263.html
The NOS Scorpio part was a little easier to decipher as it was a gear selector interior plate, but here's a link to those as well if anyone is interested in seeing what those were:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/390318975918
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

Those OEM pieces are awesome! I'm going to experiment on my originals now that I have factory replacements! I've had some ideas for awhile now, but I don't experiment on stuff unless I have a good replacement waiting for me in case my vision ends up looking like crap. lol
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merk23literturbo wrote: Thanks for the secret hidden goodies in the Tool kit(used it today) also! (But what's the two OEM Ford pieces from Merkur Depot?)
How'd you end up with two? Or do you mean two of the spacers? That would be correct, as they're packaged in a pair to accommodate the two mounting points of the front bumper.
Brad