Post-Carlisle survey - Please read and reply

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2011.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post-Carlisle survey - Please read and reply

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Before much time passes, it's time for our annual survey. Feel free to reply to some/all questions in whatever format you see fit (preferably something that makes it clear what you're responding to though). :mrgreen:

Your feedback does shape what we (don't) do, so have at it. If for some reason you want to provide private feedback, that's fine too - just drop me a PM.

1. Overall, using your own criteria, how did you feel this year's Carlisle event compared to previous years?
a) better than usual b) about the same c) worse than usual If answering a or c, why?

2. Do you plan on attending in 2012? If no, why not?

3. We're already contracted to stay at the Radisson again next year (room rates will remain the same, and you can already make your reservation), but is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel?

4. Were you okay with not having a "formal" reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past?

5. If we were to do the awards and prizes from the parking lot again next year, and suggestions for improvement?

6. What about no t-shirts this year? Do we need to do that next year?

7. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included?

8. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year?

9. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free....

Thanks for your feedback.
Brad
Firefox
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Post-Carlisle survey - Please read and reply

Post by Firefox »

1. Overall, using your own criteria, how did you feel this year's Carlisle event compared to previous years?
a) better than usual b) about the same c) worse than usual If answering a or c, why?

Last year was my first Carlisle, but I liked this year's better than last, even though I was only there for one day this year. It was nice to be on the show field with the rest of the 'stangs, Foci, Capris, and all. I saw more in one day than I did in three last year.

Yep. The camaraderie of the MCA is great, and each year I get to meet some awesome people that share a passion with my own.

3. We're already contracted to stay at the Radisson again next year (room rates will remain the same, and you can already make your reservation), but is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel?

Honestly, it's really just a place to sleep and party. The beds are comfortable, the AC works, it's clean, and they let us do whatever in the parking lot. It is what you make of it, really.

4. Were you okay with not having a "formal" reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past?

I could go either way on this. I wasn't there for the informal prize presentation this year, but done well I think it could be alot of fun.

5. If we were to do the awards and prizes from the parking lot again next year, and suggestions for improvement?

Not enough info to answer, sorry.

T-shirts are nice and make everyone identifiable on the showfield, but I have two drawers full of shirts, so I suppose I could do without one more. :lol: A 'All Ford Nationals 20XX' window sticker the size of a silver dollar could be cool - I rack them up like kill marks on one of my back windows.

7. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included?

I don't know how this could be done, but maybe a GPS track of where a lead car in each convoy is would be cool to have, so it's easy to know when the convoy is nearby.
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

A. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think this was one of the best Carlisle weekends yet!

We'll be there!

I would like to see them do a better job honoring requests. We made reservations well in advance and asked for adjoining rooms with king sized beds facing the back parking lot. Instead we got rooms with two fulls facing the front of the hotel. It didn't ruin our weekend by any means, but considering we spent over $400 for the two rooms for two nights, we would have liked to have gotten what we asked for.

I missed the formal reception to an extent, but I had a blast with the way we did it this year. I'd say we should stick with the new format!

We need someone to bring a microphone and amp. I might even be able to supply this myself.

YES! I always look forward to getting a t-shirt, and I was a little disappointed there wasn't one this year.

Even after doing this for over a decade, I still found myself referring to the planning website a few times. Didn't let me down!

8. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year?

I think it was great! I love the bag, and the OEM Scorpio shifter panel is awesome! However, I think we need new decals next year.

9. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free....

Keep up the great work! And if I can offer some help for 2012, let me know. I would love to get more involved again. Perhaps you might need a hand designing and arranging for a new Merkurs at Carlisle t-shirt? :D
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

B

Yes.

Bring back the extra parking lot trash cans like 2010. I don't think we make a mess on purpose but its hard not to make a mess when there are no trash cans around.

I'm on the fence, I guess somewhere inbetween the extra formal reception as years past and this years parking lot action.

I think in 2000 the awards were in the parking lot at the Radisson, but there were tables/chairs, a podium/microphone, tables for the giveaways, etc. Its like we went from one extreme to the next - maybe somewhere inbetween next go around.

Nice place to have everything, I gave the link out to a lot of people who had questions about attending Carlisle.

Please stuff with cash for 2012.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:8. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year?
Please stuff with cash for 2012.
You might want to retract that statement once you see the sponsor invites for next year Mike. Here, I'll start on that now.... :twisted:

Due to increased demands for better value in the goody bags, we will need to increase the sponsor commitments for 2012. Please send your check for $10,000 at your earliest convenience. :mrgreen:
Brad
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Maybe some decals or something flat, easy, and cheap to mail for all members, including those who live on the other end of the continent and/or can't make it to Carlisle, vs. goody bags only for those who can and do? :dunno
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
jkxr4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jkxr4ti »

1. B, about the same.

2. Yes, unless there is something catastrophic i'll be there.

3. I think the hotel overall is good but the place is getting old and i'm sure others find the rooms a little less than appealing. Myself, I think that its fine and the benefits outweigh the downsides of this place.

4. I personally liked the format like this.

5. I agree on the better PA setup. The hotel might even have one they would be willing to loan out for an hour or two.

6. I also enjoy the T shirts even though I have a drawer full. The wife was surprised and pleased when I came home without one. Next year I should bring home 2!

7. I think the planning page was good but I think I ended up going back to a previous years page for the back road directions to the showfield. We should make sure those are up for people to see.

8. Free stuff is always good, free parts/tools that we can use on our rides are even better.

Thanks to all who helped with the event this year!
Jeremy Kemp

RIP: the Mutt….1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI
JimG
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JimG »

C: Lack of club activities like tech sessions, welcome desk, reception, t-shirts - all which indicate a thriving viable club. Would also like to see more support for and attendance at the Sunday autocross.

2. Do you plan on attending in 2012? If no, why not? Wouldn't miss it!

A. Good job holding the rate! Hotel is very good for our type of gathering, however could use more trash cans in parking lot and better lighting ( repair light poles )

A. I always enjoyed the prior years opportunity to get together with other members and the camaraderie around the tables that we enjoyed during the awards presentations - a reception was fine with me.

A. Tables, chairs, better sound - Free Beer! Tent in case of rain or indoor backup plan.

A. I like T-shirts thanks to this year my collection now has a gap in it. I would like to see T-shirts in 2012.

A. Very useful but could found that the listservers were more effective in getting the word out regarding caravan opportunities.

A. Goody bags are always welcome - maybe dash plaques

Jim Gosses
86 XR4TI, 165K, T-5, IC, RR, PBR Fronts, T-bird Rear Discs