Carlisle 2013 Buy/Sell/Trade

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 7-9, 2013.
Merkur Club web site
merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: Carlisle 2013 Buy/Sell/Trade

Post by merkurdriver »

Updated list above.
saleen322
Level 1
Level 1

Post by saleen322 »

Hey folks,
I am looking for one tower mount for a strut tower brace. Here is a picture of what I have and I am one mount short! I will be at Carlisle at least one day this year during Ford and I can get with you there. Let me know and thanks in advance.

Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

So the Outcast grill/headlight kit is "nice"; are the grill tabs good, and the head light mounting pieces all there? What is the paint like-rattle can coat or better? Is the red lighter or darker than Rosso Red?

YMMV ;-)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Ed Lijewski wrote:So the Outcast grill/headlight kit is "nice"; are the grill tabs good, and the head light mounting pieces all there? What is the paint like-rattle can coat or better? Is the red lighter or darker than Rosso Red?

YMMV ;-)
Grille tabs are good and intact. The custom Outcast aluminum brackets to mount the headlights are included with the headlights. Here's a picture of the actual grille and headlights that are for sale shown mounted on a radiant red 89 XR:

* Please note that at the time of this picture the headlights did not have the proper mounting hardware installed and did not fit quite as well as they do now with the real deal Outcast brackets and hardware.
MagentaRed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MagentaRed »

Any interest in a Sierra parcel shelf? This one is black and I've had it for years just sitting in the garage in it's original plastic wrapper. The material is much blacker in person than in the photo. There is some wear on the corners and a small "bald spot" visible in the photos. This is a solid shelf that does not fold like the XR shelves. $30.
Scott Williams
Roseland, New Jersey
1989 Merkur Scorpio, Strato Silver Auto-Flex High Gloss Coating, euro headlamps, euro tail lamps, custom wheels
2019 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, SYNC3, Pwr. Liftgate, Premium Audio
2014 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, Towing, Appearance Pkg.
2000 Volvo SE, Our Florida Car
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Aluminum Sierra Cosworth front crossmember / cradle / subframe - $250
Aluminum part bolts right into any XR4Ti or Scorpio to replace the steel factory unit.
Extremely rare piece to see here in the US.
Please note you will need to use Chuck's motor mounts TYPE 7 with this unit -> http://www.turbochuck.com/motormounts/
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Used carbon fiber Cosworth Hood from this well known car:
$650 complete with louvers
Also the 16" TSW wheels and tires shown $300 - tires have some life left in them, you should be able to ride around all summer on them easily.

merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

FG Cosworth grille - $175
Nice FG grille complete with one of Richard Thompson's opening inserts and a nearly new gasket.