THREE Weeks to go!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 6-8, 2014
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

THREE Weeks to go!

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

It's the final count-down to Merkurs at Carlisle 2014! Three weeks from today it's game on!

Lots of you have already registered for the show, but don't sweat it if you haven't - just drive to the fairgrounds and register at gate 3 when you arrive.

At this moment, the hotel still has a few rooms left, but only a few, so act quickly if you want a room for one, two, three, or more nights.

Need another reason to attend? How about the chance to win one of TWO MC2Racing.com differential mounts which will be given away Saturday night at the hotel? Why two? Well, last year Brad screwed up and left one home, so now this year we catch up and give away two! One will be the grand prize - the final thing to be given away - all the tickets go back in the hat for that drawing. The other one will be given away via a crazy contest about to be announced by MC2Racing. Watch this space for details to be announced soon!

Got questions about Carlisle? Go here for answers...
http://merkurclub.com/carlisle2014/carlisle2014.htm

Still have questions? Post your question in this forum.

Three weeks to go until we celebrate the 25th anniversary of the "death" of Merkur! I'm already loading up the casket - it will be an open casket, so please warn your children in advance - "viewing hours" will last all weekend. Out of respect, please wear black! Else, we'll sell you a charcoal-black Carlisle 2014 embroidered shirt.

- The Grim Reaper
Brad
Grayson
Level 7
Level 7

Re: THREE Weeks to go!

Post by Grayson »

As mentioned by Brad, thanks to a clerical error at last year’s Carlisle giveaway, the debut of the new-design Aluminum & Polyurethane Diff Mount at Carlisle actually took place at Brad’s house instead.  In support of that which makes Carlisle so fun and enjoyable for Merkur owners, we’ll be donating a diff mount this year…and also a Scorpio diff mount adapter plate! However, we need a little help figuring out what to do with the extra mount. Should we give it to you? Maybe we should! Maybe we want to hear why though! To enter the contest, simply complete the below sentence on the MCA Forum in Brad’s “THREE Weeks to go!” thread here:

http://forum.merkurclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27117

…or stake your claim by posting on the mc²racing Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/mc2racing

Here is the sentence to complete: “The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because…”

Basically, we’re playing Cards Against Humanity Merkur-style. Much like Cards Against Humanity, the winner will be chosen for no particular rhyme or reason.

We want the Carlisle buzz to spread across North America, so feel free to enter the contest even if you cannot attend Carlisle this year. If we select your entry and you’re not able to pick up the diff mount at Carlisle, just cover shipping and we’ll have it sent your way. Either way, we’ll announce the winner during Carlisle, so get your entry posted!
xrsenix

Post by xrsenix »

The mc²racing diff mount will end up in
my hands because IM GREEDY!!!! Lol and I love Merkurs at Carlisle every year!!
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

“The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because my sexy Merkur lady needs it for her V8 beast!”
XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because…

It already is. Therefore, by selecting me, I won't need to transport it to Carlisle, thus saving an immense amount of fuel. Being "green" is hip, cool, and American. You ARE an American, aren't you? Or are you a communist? The choice is yours.
Brad
Grayson
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Grayson »

I know this was part of your master plan all along Brad, and I'm merely a puppet to your design.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Grayson wrote:I know this was part of your master plan all along Brad, and I'm merely a puppet to your design.
But wait, you weren't supposed to say that! Damn it, that's what I get for buying my puppets at the dollar store.
Brad
cmouta
Level 3
Level 3

Post by cmouta »

The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because I'm planning to snap necks and cash checks!...and not snap stock driveline parts.
Chris
1988 Mono Rosso Red Merkur XR4Ti - Sold!
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MarkM »

The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because my Eaton LSD is very lonely and needs the company.
Mark
MagentaRed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MagentaRed »

The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because at Carlisle, I always win stuff that I can't use. Remember these gems? :lol:

Scott Williams
Roseland, New Jersey
1989 Merkur Scorpio, Strato Silver Auto-Flex High Gloss Coating, euro headlamps, euro tail lamps, custom wheels
2019 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, SYNC3, Pwr. Liftgate, Premium Audio
2014 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, Towing, Appearance Pkg.
2000 Volvo SE, Our Florida Car
MercMike
Level 3
Level 3

Post by MercMike »

The MC2 differential, if it ends up in my hands will be given away to the Merkur owner who appears at Carlisle and appears to have the greatest need.
Or maybe just a coin flip ? Team vote ?
'85 XR
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because I am really trying to awake my XR and this differential mount will help me to get my XR4Ti to Carlisle in 2015. :notworthy
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
jkxr4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jkxr4ti »

The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because…my pockets are full of broken gears!
Jeremy Kemp

RIP: the Mutt….1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI
Matt01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Matt01 »

The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because I need it to go with my Eaton and Diff install kit I'm about to order!
Shamshel
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shamshel »

The mc²racing diff mount will end up in my hands because #racecar!
Rich - Colorado
89 XR4ti - Mono Red, T5, Saab IC, All kinds of awesome!