2015 Michigan I-80 Convoy

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 5-7, 2015
Merkur Club web site
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

2015 Michigan I-80 Convoy

Post by SvoSierra »

Yup, I'm barely unpacked and already planning next year. We need to make it big again like 2005. Early planning is the best way. Start asking for time off work ASAP, tell your families NOW not to plan anything for the June 5-6-7 weekend. If you're planning on starting a family soon, well, I won't get into the details, but 9 months is a magic number you can use in your calculations. :lol:

I will head up a Michigan, Northern Ohio / PA convoy if there is interest. The mighty I-70 is great and has its perks, but it is a little out of the way for us Northerners. Besides, the less expensive I-80, US-322, US-22 route is a BEAUTIFUL and fun drive. More details as the time draws closer.

When the Carlisle 2015 category is started, please move this there. :cheers
XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service
GPz11
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 2015 Michigan I-80 Convoy

Post by GPz11 »

When is the convoy heading out, Thursday or Friday?

Just registered and got a hotel room.
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

Tentatively:
I plan to leave Kalamazoo Friday around 4am if I am meeting others, otherwise 5am if I am alone with the schedule below
Depending on interest I will either
1. take I69 south to I80/90 (below preferred) or
2. if there are more Michiganders, continue I94, US23 south through Ann Arbor, and hook up on I80/90 near Toledo

I've done this for 4 years now and have it down to a science. I have 2 planned stops.
1. Mile 100 Sandusky, Cinnabon service plaza. 8am
2. Chick-fil-A in State College, PA (292 miles from Sandusky, 1 "good" XR tank) 12:30pm
Arrive Camp Hill, PA 3:00pm (extra hour added for misc)

If I do pick up others, I'd like to keep it down to only 2 additional stops. I'll be sensitive to bladders within reason, just try not to drink too much coffee on the trip. ;) Rolling meeting points after toll booths is an efficient way to hook up with a rolling group without slowing everyone down too much. I can hammer out some more detailed possibilities once we see how much interest there is. In the meantime, I'm going to go shovel some snow! :evil:
XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service
GPz11
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GPz11 »

Pick up a snow blower, much easier.

Tony W and I are planning on heading out Thursday AM.

We should have the Megasquirt installed and dialed in by then.