Final Instructions

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 5-7, 2015
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Final Instructions

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Some quick final instructions for the upcoming weekend....

- The weather forecast has taken a turn for the positive! Yeah!!! Bring sunblock, but also bring a rain jacket just in case.

- If at all possible, please come get your goody bags Friday night at the hotel (8-10PM, room 1108). You'll also enter your name for the prizes at this time and have the best selection of t-shirts. The second time-slot to do this is Saturday on the show-field from 10 to noon, but we'd love to have most of this completed Friday night.

- Traffic to the show on Saturday is the most challenging from 8 to 10:30 AM. Get up early and take the "back way" from the hotel. Directions here: http://merkurclub.com/carlisle2015/info ... te%20route

- Be sure to line up in the correct row on the show-field on Saturday. To participate in the judging, your hood must be up and you need to be in place from 10AM to 3PM. Merkurs only in the designated rows on the show-field. Note, the five cars in the special display tent are eligible for judging as well, so don't forget them!

- Line-up for the Merkur Mile will be Saturday at 4:15PM at the MCA tent on the show-field. Line up behind the charcoal gray XRBrati pace car. We will have a hand-out with directions in case you get separated from the procession. Also included will be the GPS coordinates. Merkurs only in the line-up please!

- Award ceremony and prize give-aways will be conducted from the back parking lot at the Radisson starting at 7PM.

Drive safe - here we go!
Brad
lowered86
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Final Instructions

Post by lowered86 »

Brad,

I'm showing up with a showfield pass but no car. I'm sure Carlisle doesn't want a Camry on the showfield so I'm wondering if there is onsite or offsite parking?

Dan
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: Final Instructions

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

lowered86 wrote:Brad,

I'm showing up with a showfield pass but no car. I'm sure Carlisle doesn't want a Camry on the showfield so I'm wondering if there is onsite or offsite parking?

Dan
Just tell them it's got a Ford engine -top secret project so you can't show them under the hood. Then head up towards where we are, but turn left at the top of the hill towards the autoX track. There should be some spaces there.

P.S. I didn't write this. Someone obviously hacked my account.
Brad