Carlisle Survey - Please read and reply!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2016
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Carlisle Survey - Please read and reply!

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Merkurs at Carlisle 2016 is a wrap. To those of you who attended, thanks for making it another successful event.

If we want 2017 to be even better, we need your input. Whether you attended or not (but especially if you did), please give us your feedback. You can answer any or all questions.

Thanks,
Brad

------------------------

1. Did you attend Carlisle this year? If not, why not? What would make you want to attend in 2017?

2. Overall, using your own criteria, how did you feel this year's Carlisle event compared to previous years?
a) better than usual b) about the same c) worse than usual If answering a or c, why?

3. We will most likely be staying at the Radisson again next year. Is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel?

4. Did you like the idea of having the food truck at the hotel right after the awards ceremony? Assuming we do that again next year, any preference for food type? Regardless, we will make sure enough food is prepared next year.

5. Are you okay with the primary value item in the "goody bag" being the food truck gift certificate?

6. How did you like this year's t-shirt? Any alternate suggestions for next year? (i.e. sweatshirt, jacket, hat, etc)

7. We'd like to once again see a greater Merkur representation in the Sunday AutoX at the show-field. What would it take to get you to participate next year?

8. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free....
Brad
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Carlisle Survey - Please read and reply!

Post by mhamilton »

1. Did you attend Carlisle this year? If not, why not? What would make you want to attend in 2017? Attended this year, 1st time since 2007. I plan on 2017

2. Overall, using your own criteria, how did you feel this year's Carlisle event compared to previous years?
a) better than usual b) about the same c) worse than usual If answering a or c, why? B, but the Sunday show field was really sad.

3. We will most likely be staying at the Radisson again next year. Is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel? I love that hotel. (except the Sleep Number beds).

4. Did you like the idea of having the food truck at the hotel right after the awards ceremony? Assuming we do that again next year, any preference for food type? Regardless, we will make sure enough food is prepared next year. I liked that idea. Bring the food to us. That way we don't waste time trying to go out. Also, the old style parking lot ceremony was good with the small gropu we have now.

5. Are you okay with the primary value item in the "goody bag" being the food truck gift certificate? Undecided. I like swag especially for this clubs, it's always good stuff.

6. How did you like this year's t-shirt? Any alternate suggestions for next year? (i.e. sweatshirt, jacket, hat, etc) Continue with T-shirts. It's obvious many treasure them, we saw shirts from as far back as 1997.

7. We'd like to once again see a greater Merkur representation in the Sunday AutoX at the show-field. What would it take to get you to participate next year? An actual car for once. But, I think the distance needed to get home plays a part in it. Also, our cars are always loaded with travel crap on Sunday.
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
Bob Weir
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Carlisle Survey - Please read and reply!

Post by Bob Weir »

1. Did you attend Carlisle this year? If not, why not? What would make you want to attend in 2017?
...Yes. A well running Merkur would always encourage me to attend.

a) better than usual b) about the same c) worse than usual If answering a or c, why?
...B-] I was a little disappointed in those of US who attended, but did NOT bring a Merkur.

3. We will most likely be staying at the Radisson again next year. Is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel?
...Staff & my room were excellent.
Reinstall the ice maker at lower level - far end of building at parking lot entrance.
We missed an opportunity to fix the other ice machine. If we can fix a Merkur in the parking lot, we can certainly fix an ice machine;)

4. Did you like the idea of having the food truck at the hotel right after the awards ceremony? Assuming we do that again next year, any preference for food type? Regardless, we will make sure enough food is prepared next year.
...Food truck is excellent idea. Maybe before awards? It encourages all to stay in parking lot to renew friendships and share stories with others especially new attendees at Carlisle. We need to seriously befriend new members & attendees. It also reduces the potential of someone getting a DUI or worse.

5. Are you okay with the primary value item in the "goody bag" being the food truck gift certificate?
...Gift certificate for food truck is excellent idea. In addition, we could provide a “toy” as in “boys & their toys” aka “Merkur” and gizmos we use to fix them.

6. How did you like this year's t-shirt? Any alternate suggestions for next year? (i.e. sweatshirt, jacket, hat, etc)
Excellent idea, only the Merkur faithful realize the front & back are of different models;)
...Next year: Polo shirt or sweatshirt.

7. We'd like to once again see a greater Merkur representation in the Sunday AutoX at the show-field. What would it take to get you to participate next year?
...From those who have done it, present a “drivers’ meeting” - tips & tricks, faux pas, etc. A little self deprecation lightens the mood and can encourage the “not so confident” to try it.

8. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free....
...Brad, you opened the barn door on this one. I hope you get some worthwhile, if only humerous responses. Here’s a few:
CONTEST Everybody loves a contest. How about most interesting / innovative [1] “tool” as in what you “borrowed” from the kitchen [turkey baster, nut pick], or [2] “procedure” how you used an undocumented or unconventional method to do a fix. [3’ crow bar & 8 lb. sledge as persuaders.]
SEMINAR[S] 15 min. with extra time for Q&A
[1] for novices - How to open electrical connectors without breaking them. [I’m still breaking them.]
[2] for more power - How to use a computer to adjust your EATC. [Way beyond me.]
STICKERS - Your comments & suggestions are appreciated.
Bob Weir
MCA Membership Coordinator