Carlisle 2020 Hotel - Radisson

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 5-7, 2020
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Carlisle 2020 Hotel - Radisson

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

The Carlisle Ford Nationals will fall on July 30 - Aug 2 2020, so get the date on your calendar now. Once again, we will be returning to the Radisson Harrisburg (actually located in Camp Hill PA) as our base of operations. Not without some effort, we have been able to maintain our discounted room rate of $109 for a Single or Double bed room.

To book a room at the group rate, you must specify that you are with the Merkur Club of America. Reservations can be called in using either of the following numbers:
1.717.763.7117 Hotel
1.800.333.3333 World-wide Reservations

Alternatively, this link should populate the required fields:
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/bo ... =PACAMPHI
If that doesn't work, just go to the main Radisson reservation site and enter "MERKUR" in the "Promotional code" field under the "Special Rates" pull-down. Here's the link:
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/

For a Thursday night arrival, Sunday morning departure, you'd want to make a 3-night reservation of July 30, July 31, and Aug 1 (departing Sunday morning, July 2nd). You may arrive a day early or stay a day late at the group rate. Of course, you can stay for two or even just one night, should you so desire.

2020 marks the 35th anniversary of the Merkur brand and the 50th anniversary of the Capri in America so we expect a big turn-out. As such, you should make your reservation early. Last year we ran out of rooms and some folks needed to stay an alternate properties. That's a bit of a buzz-kill for everyone. As most of you know, Carlisle just isn't Carlisle unless you hang out at the hotel, so if you plan to be there (and why wouldn't you?), make your reservation now.
Brad
lowered86
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Carlisle 2020 Hotel - Radisson

Post by lowered86 »

I've got my room reserved. I figure the drive from Nevada will be worth it for the 35 year anniversary. Now I just have to stop making build changes and get the car done.

Dan
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

lowered86 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:18 pm I've got my room reserved. I figure the drive from Nevada will be worth it for the 35 year anniversary. Now I just have to stop making build changes and get the car done.
Yep, keep the goals reasonable, get after them early, and you'll actually make it!
Brad
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

So, room is reserved.
I was looking and wondering, we also have to register for the show as well. I assume, but also thinking it is obvious.
Register for the show as well, correct?
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

my8950 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:57 am I was looking and wondering, we also have to register for the show as well. I assume, but also thinking it is obvious.
Register for the show as well, correct?
Correct. In fact, I just created this post with a direct link...
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=36269
Brad
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

Thanks!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Just a quick Q&A update from the Radisson...

Q: Is the hotel open? And is the staff working safely?

A: Yes, the Radisson Hotel Harrisburg has remained open. While all of our staff is working hard to clean and prepare the hotel for the return of groups, we are following all CDC guidelines. Staff is required to wear masks and gloves, and practice social distancing, as well as wash their hands for 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer as frequently as possible.

Q: What precautions are the hotel taking?

A: Safety is our first priority for both our guests and staff. Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the property. We have purchased electrostatic sanitization machines for use in our public space. All guests who enter the hotel must wear a face mask in public spaces; we can provide masks to those who do not have access one. Screens have been affixed to the Front Desk and restaurant pickup desk. Directional arrows and distance stickers have been placed in the main lobby. Food Service is currently limited to To-Go orders only.
Brad