Event Status as it relates to COVID-19

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 5-7, 2020
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Event Status as it relates to COVID-19

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

<Edit July 10... Here's a link to Carlisle Events "Covid-19 Know before you go" health safety measures...
https://carlisleevents.com/covid19?fbcl ... u6x-Xj8uBA >

With Merkurs at Carlisle 2020 still about 10 weeks into the future, there is no change in our plans, nor those for the Carlisle Ford Nationals. That said, clearly this is a rapidly evolving situation and we will take our direction from Carlisle Events. Here is their current statement on the show season.

https://carlisleevents.com/docs/default ... tbreak.pdf

In short, right now, everything is still a "go" with the opening Spring Carlisle event still scheduled to proceed on April 22-26.

I will update this thread should anything change. In the mean time, get out to the garage and start wrenching - it's great stress-reduction therapy!
Brad
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Event Status as it relates to COVID-19

Post by my8950 »

Yeah, too early to say, changing every day unfortunately... :(
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Man... good luck to those planning on attending Carlisle.

This time last year, I was booking my airBNB for SEMA in November. This year, I'm even on the fence for that.
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Colin wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:22 pm Man... good luck to those planning on attending Carlisle.
Yep, planning ANYTHING takes on a whole new dynamic these days. Carlisle Events realizes that any of their events require some advance planning and so it is their stated goal to provide 30+ days of notice of any potential changes to the event dates. That gives us time to flex our plans, should the need arise.

Plan for the worst - hope for the best!
Brad
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 am Plan for the worst - hope for the best!
Story of my life!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

On the bright side, I don't want to hear anyone complaining they can't make it because gas prices are too high! :)
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Just a quick Carlisle update... As I type this the Ford Nationals is still scheduled for June 4 - 7. You may realize that Carlisle Events has postponed their first two events of the year, originally scheduled for April and May. The decision to postpone those events was made with at least 6 weeks of advance notice, and it would be their goal to do the same with the Ford show IF that is required. They are hoping postponement is not required, but they also realize that possibility exists and we all need some advance notice to be able to juggle our plans.

Keep in mind, your reservations at the Radisson only require three days notice to change/cancel without charge, so you have plenty of time to act in that regard if needed. That's all for now - do your part - stay at home - get out to the garage and work on your car!
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Just a quick update, which isn't really an update as things are still scheduled as planned for June 4 - 7. By this time next week we should have more definitive info to share, but as I type this things are a "go".

Now get back out to the garage!
Brad
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

I am curious, isn't there supposed to be a big European crowd of cars here? I'd think, or hope that these guys would want to know if they need to ship cars over here for this by now, or not. Just makes me wonder...
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

my8950 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:16 pm I am curious, isn't there supposed to be a big European crowd of cars here? I'd think, or hope that these guys would want to know if they need to ship cars over here for this by now, or not. Just makes me wonder...
Are you referring to the "Euro Ford Garage"? Most all of those cars are already here on U.S. soil.
Brad
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:10 pm
my8950 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:16 pm I am curious, isn't there supposed to be a big European crowd of cars here? I'd think, or hope that these guys would want to know if they need to ship cars over here for this by now, or not. Just makes me wonder...
Are you referring to the "Euro Ford Garage"? Most all of those cars are already here on U.S. soil.
Correct, Euro Ford Garage, couldn't remember the name.
But ok, if they here already, then no biggie...
Thanks!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the Carlisle Ford Nationals is being postponed to July 31 - Aug 2. If you are already registered for the show and have your hotel reservation, everything will be transferred to the new dates. Give it a couple days - you'll get an e-mail from the Radisson re-confirming your updated reservation.

Now that you've got an extra two months to prepare, you have no excuse not to have your car ready! Fuel prices will be the lowest they've been in 20 years! The 35th anniversary celebration of the Merkur launch is delayed, not cancelled!

More details as they become available.

Stay happy, stay healthy, and I look forward to seeing everyone in three months!
Brad
GPz11
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GPz11 »

So just wondering if anyone heard from the hotel yet or is it too soon?
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

GPz11 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:31 pm So just wondering if anyone heard from the hotel yet or is it too soon?
I have been in communication with the Radisson often. By today they should have all reservations moved over to the new dates. If you haven't received by Monday via e-mail a notification of your new reservation, give them a call.
Brad
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Post by milehighXR »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:47 am On the bright side, I don't want to hear anyone complaining they can't make it because gas prices are too high! :)
Gas prices are back to a $1.79 here in CO, too high for me :lol:

How about this heat!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... vQuTWMWjMz

I just couldn't resist...

I still probably won't make it, as I just started new job in Jan, and I don't know if I'll have tags, let alone the car running well enough for a road trip. Have fun guys and stay safe and healthy :cheers
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now daily driven project

DCLXVI