Friday Weekly Announcement Leading up to Carlisle 2020

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 5-7, 2020
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Friday Weekly Announcement Leading up to Carlisle 2020

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

8 Weeks to go until Merkurs at Carlisle 2020!

Today would have been the first day of the show, but since the forecast in Carlisle is calling for rain all day, it's a good thing that the event was postponed! From here on in, every Friday I'll give you another reason to attend.

Today's announcement - All current MCA members get FREE DINNER Saturday night at the Radisson by GET Smok'd BBQ https://www.facebook.com/getsmokdbbq/

Need to get your membership renewed? Renewing (or signing up) is easy via Paypal. Just go here...
http://www2.merkurclub.net/pages/joinmca.html
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: Friday Weekly Announcement Leading up to Carlisle 2020

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

7 Weeks to go until we celebrate the 35th Anniversary of the Merkur at the Carlisle Ford Nationals!

Today's announcement? Put your Merkur on the Carlisle show-field and you'll get a free Merkurs at Carlisle 2020 t-shirt!

Still need to register for the show? Advance registration gets you a discount. Here's the direct link to register...
https://store.carlisleevents.com/Produc ... 2020%2D027
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Well, I told you every Friday I would have a good reason for you to attend the Carlisle Ford Nationals, and today is no exception. I am proclaiming today "Freedom Friday"! Carlisle Events has won their battle against the Commonwealth of PA and will be allowed to continue to operate as (re)scheduled. Right now Carlisle Events needs and wants your support. Please sign up for the show. It's the right thing to do, if only to thank them for their efforts. They easily could have given up and gone home. They did not. Here's the direct link for the Ford show...

https://store.carlisleevents.com/Search ... asp?Cat=24

Furthermore, discounted early "Gate-n-Go" registration ends in three days (June 22). Skip the lines and save some money - register today - this is not the year to sit home! We've already done enough of that!

6 Weeks to go!
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

FIVE weeks to go! Today begins the Carlisle Chevrolet Nationals, the second show of the revised-schedule year at the Fairgrounds. It is true - Carlisle is happening and a bit of normalcy is returning to 2020!

Want to win some cool free stuff from our MCA Sponsors at Merkurs at Carlisle 2020? You'll need to be at the Radisson back parking lot on Aug 1 with your MCA membership renewed IN ADVANCE. No sign-ups at the show!

Need to renew? Do it now before you forget again! Just click here >>>> http://www2.merkurclub.net/pages/joinmca.html
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

It's Friday and that means it's time for your weekly Merkurs at Carlisle 2020 message. Need another reason to attend? Okay. Every MCA member attending the show will get a limited edition Merkur emblem face shield! I've had one of these for a couple days now and it is now my "go to" face mask. When not needed, leave it around your neck as a SPF50 sun shield. Go indoors and/or a crowded area, pull it up in an instant. It's the perfect solution for Carlisle, and every MCA member who attends Carlisle gets one for free! Your choice of red or blue, subject to availability.

Renew your membership now and make plans to attend. This is not the year to sit home after all!
http://www2.merkurclub.net/pages/joinmca.html
MerkurFaceMask-1.JPG
MerkurFaceMask-1.JPG (990.73 KiB) Viewed 10341 times
MerkurFaceMask-2.JPG
MerkurFaceMask-2.JPG (965.87 KiB) Viewed 10341 times
MerkurFaceMask-3.JPG
MerkurFaceMask-3.JPG (964.14 KiB) Viewed 10341 times
Brad
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Those would fit nicely into an envelope...
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

John Brennan wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:59 am Those would fit nicely into an envelope...
We'll see if we have any left after the show. It would be nice if I could delegate that function to the "MCA Shipping Dept", but that's me too.
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

It's Friday! THREE weeks to go until Merkurs at Carlisle 2020. I've just gotten off the phone with Carlisle Events and Merkur Club of America registrations are now ahead of last year's pace!

And today we're announcing more free stuff. In fact, this year, every MCA member attending Carlisle will get more free stuff than ever before! Today, I present MCA/Merkur stickers, courtesy of Raad Rahmanei. Thanks Raad!
MerkurMCA-Sticker.jpg
MerkurMCA-Sticker.jpg (76.04 KiB) Viewed 10221 times
Every MCA member attending the show will get a free sticker in their goody bag.

It's time to get off the fence and make plans to attend. Carlisle Events is proceeding ahead with their third event this weekend; all has gone fine with the first two. The 100-acre fairgrounds allows plenty of space to social-distance and the infection rate in the Susquehanna Valley remains low. Both the Radisson hotel and Carlisle Events are taking extraordinary efforts to make your visit as safe as possible. Please respect those efforts as well as your fellow Merkur owners.

Speaking of the Radisson, we still have some rooms available in our block, but it's first-come, first-serve if you have a particular room/area you want to stay in. It's best to make the commitment now and book your room. Details here...
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=35237
Note, if you've previously reserved a room for the original dates it should have been moved over to the new dates, but best to confirm as apparently they missed a couple.

See you in 3 weeks. Merkurs at Carlisle 2020, it's actually happening after all!
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

It's Friday, and that means we're down to just TWO weeks away from the 35th Anniversary Celebration of the Merkur launch at the Carlisle Ford Nationals. 2020 has been a crazy year, so my message this week is to join us for a weekend of relaxed normalcy. No politics, no covid, just a group of people getting together outdoors to talk cars and stuff. Yes, we'll do so in a respectful, socially-distant way that still feels a little weird to all of us, but otherwise it's just Merkurs at Carlisle. Time is running out - details on making your hotel reservation here...
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=35237
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

It's "One Week to Go" Friday!!! There's been no shortage of "free stuff" announcements over the past several weeks, and today is no exception. This year - and likely this year only, ever - timed AutoX will be open at the fairgrounds north track FRIDAY and SATURDAY and it will be FREE to participate! Yes, Free. Yes, Friday & Saturday. Bring your helmet (no loaners available), and simply drive over to the north side of the fairgrounds from 10AM to 2PM on Friday or Saturday. Your car will get a quick technical inspection and then you'll be free to run on the track. How awesome is that!?

So as it turns out, this is not the year to miss Carlisle after all. Carlisle Events, the Radisson Hotel, and the Merkur Club of America are all taking measures to make this a safe and enjoyable weekend. Covid cases in Cumberland County PA remain among the lowest in the State. The weather forecast even looks pretty good, with an easing of the heat wave.

Here's a link to the page with the three important steps to make to commit for the weekend. The Carlisle Ford Nationals is happening. Procrastination time is over - you've got less than 48 hours to commit. Won't you join us?
http://www2.merkurclub.net/pages/events.html
Brad