Carlisle 2022 Feedback - Please read

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2022
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Carlisle 2022 Feedback - Please read

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

It's been a couple years since I've done one of these, so I thought it was time to again solicit some feedback of our annual event. If you attended (or even if you didn't), please take a moment to provide some feedback. That's the only way we can make next year better.

You can answer any or all questions. Feel free to provide feedback about things I didn't ask about as well.

Thanks,
Brad

------------------------

1. Did you attend Carlisle this year? If not, why not? What would make you want to attend in 2023?

2. Overall, using your own criteria, how did you feel this year's Carlisle event compared to previous years?
a) better than usual b) about the same c) worse than usual If answering a or c, why?

3. How did you feel about the Penn Harris Hotel this year? What could be changed/improved? Would you prefer for us to stay at the Penn Harris again next year, or would you like to see another property tried out, even if it's more expensive?

4. What did you think of the Get Smok'd Food Truck food? Would you like us to have them back again next year? Suggestions for alternate menu items?

5. How did you like this year's t-shirt? Any alternate suggestions for next year?

6. What did you think of our guest speaker Steve Saxty? Should we have another one next year? Suggestions on who we should try to get?

7. We need new blood! Would you be willing to help out next year?

8. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free. If you'd like to provide private feedback for any reason, please don't hesitate.
Brad
BBailey88

Re: Carlisle 2022 Feedback - Please read

Post by BBailey88 »

1: Hell Yes!

2: B About the same (only my second year attending tho)

3: 1st year staying at the hotel but I was happy with it especially for the price!!

4: Friggin Delicious my wife and I loved it both years.

5: nice simple design my boys liked their shirts too (make some Black XXL for us fat guys!!) lol

6: I really liked his discussion... My wife even was into it! (Get Bob Lutz!! :lol: )

7: Sure lemme know how I can help.

8: Nope, all good :cheers
1989 XR4Ti
Radiant Red/Raven Leather
Auto (Now T5)
jake8687

Post by jake8687 »

1. Yes;
2. b) same
3. N/A. Stayed at comfort suites downtown
4. Good grub; sure come back; No vegan.
5. Nice shirt; maybe next year Merkur badge shirt with silhouette of bi-plane wing ala XR
6. Was unable to attend Saturday night but his afternoon presentations were brilliant; next year Rutledge Wood and his Merkur
7. Would like to but am also a member of NATO and LI Tbird club and may have to help with ITC....we'll see as is tentative now.
8. Kudos for herding the cats this year. Was my 1st time with MCA @ Carlisle. Good folks. Appreciate the work you all put in. Thank you!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Thanks for the feedback so far - keep it coming!
Brad
zxr250cc
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zxr250cc »

Hi all,

Was it well attended? I hope so.

Cheers
1986 XR4Ti Mineral Blue Metallic
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

zxr250cc wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:33 am Was it well attended? I hope so.
Attendance was up 28% over last year!
Brad
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Another great show and great conversations. There were still people I didn’t have a chance to talk with!

1. Did you attend Carlisle this year? If not, why not? What would make you want to attend in 2023?

>> Oh yes! I’ll be there.

2. Overall, using your own criteria, how did you feel this year's Carlisle event compared to previous years?
a) better than usual b) about the same c) worse than usual If answering a or c, why?

>> A lot better than the two previous Covid era shows. The same as the pre-2020 shows. That being said, if it wasn’t for the treasure trove of Jim Wirt donations, the prizes were pretty slim. Granted the current economic situation makes it harder for all companies to want to donate, especially to a very small Merkur-owning segment of the community, but we need to work harder to secure sponsors. Brad needs help. It’s not a one-person task.

3. How did you feel about the Penn Harris Hotel this year? What could be changed/improved? Would you prefer for us to stay at the Penn Harris again next year, or would you like to see another property tried out, even if it's more expensive?

>> the hotel was adequate, but as each year goes by the quality goes down. The free breakfast was a nice addition and the wait staff there were pleasant and responsive. I would support paying more for another hotel closer to Carlisle. There are already people that stay in other hotels closer to the event - we may gain those and lose others. If a change is made, we should do another one of these surveys once we have the financials to judge attendee response. The advantage with the Penn-Harris is that we have some ‘leverage’ and if the new owners do make the needed capital improvements, it would become a desirable location.

4. What did you think of the Get Smok'd Food Truck food? Would you like us to have them back again next year? Suggestions for alternate menu items?

>> Good. Food was good and service relatively fast for a food truck. Bring them back. Some chicken would be good.

5. How did you like this year's t-shirt? Any alternate suggestions for next year?

>> the shirt was good as a re-hash of a previous year’s design. Next year we should try the ‘old school’ graphic type shirt, get it done early and publicize the graphic in show advertising/planning communications.

6. What did you think of our guest speaker Steve Saxty? Should we have another one next year? Suggestions on who we should try to get?

>> Steve was good and always a wealth of knowledge presented in a light-hearted way. I am open to other speakers but think we’d have a tough time finding someone with such Merkur-specific knowledge. Maybe change the format to a Q&A with pre-submitted question he can work his presentation and never before seen pictures around.

>> Well, okay. I’ll help again.

8. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free. If you'd like to provide private feedback for any reason, please don't hesitate.

>> Private feedback will be coming! Preferably over a pint of craft beer!
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
GPz11
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GPz11 »

Yup. Not sure if I’ll make 2023 to be honest. Been to the last 3 in a row. Might wait till 2025 for my next visit.

It was a good year with some new folks showing up.

The only thing I like about the hotel is the way we can hang out in the parking lot. Breakfast was a nice touch.

The dinner was good also, I think they’ve improved since last time.

I’d like better quality shirts if possible but I know that’d cost more.

Didn’t see him this year.

If I’m there, I’ll gladly help out.