Merkurs at Carlisle 2008 post-event Survey - Please reply!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 6-8, 2008.
Merkur Club web site
Stealth_xr
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Stealth_xr »

Oh i've used Illustrater before its just been a few years.
- Jon
1987 Stealth Interceptor (XR)
1971 Chevy Nova
1992 Audi 80 Quattro
1978 F150 "Death Truck"
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Merkurs at Carlisle 2008 post-event Survey - Please repl

Post by Rooster »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Another year over, a new one just begun... Yes, it's time for the annual post-Carlisle survey! Feel free to answer all or just some of the questions as you see fit - any input is better than none! Any and all feedback is appreciated - the good, bad, and ugly is all welcome.

1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2008), have you attended?
1st one

2. From an overall enjoyment perspective, would you say this year was better, worse, or about on average with previous years? Why would you say this was the case?
it was good thought there would be more cars

3. Do you plan on attending in 2009? If not, why?
Iplan on it
4. What did you think of the Radisson this year? Would you like to return there next year? If not, where would you prefer and why? yes good parking lot friendly staff
cop free was great

5. What did you think of this year's cocktail hour / awards ceremony vs. the dinner we've had in previous years? What would you prefer for next year?
-needs to be a dinner.. no real good place to eat near by.. also i think members should get the awards... not really staff members we know you guys do a good job you do not need the award to prove this you run everything.. plus it will boost members spirits staff members could get that friend award tho... need more awards
6. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included?
it helped but no one from here wanted to convey

7. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year? Would you prefer to see the items imprinted with our logo again next year, or doesn't it matter? (didn't have time this year)
-DAMN. more detailer! Yes on imprinting (they become collectors items)..also throw in a mca stickers or plate frames

8. Will you use the lapel pin we handed out this year? Would you like to see us have ones made up that say "XR4Ti" or "Scorpio" or ???
-yup I like it.. but you have to do both if you do xr4ti and scorpio we have both cars in the club

9. What did you think of this year's T-shirt? For next year, if the option was a $30 shirt with original artwork (by an artist) or a $20 shirt with somewhat amateur artwork, which would you buy? If "neither", that's an acceptable answer - we don't have to have a t-shirt.
-FUGLY! you need both cars on it not just one
10. Would you like to see something scheduled for Sunday morning to encourage more people to stay through the end of the weekend? If so, what would you suggest?
-do something open to ideas
11. For a variety of reasons, the technical seminars seem to have lost interest over the last few years. Going forward, would you like to see a greater emphasis placed on those? If so, what topics/presenters would you recommend?
- maybe a history of the merkur brand... what to look for when buying a merkur
12. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free....
keep up the good work.... try and plan other events besides carlisle...

Thanks for your feedback.
[/quote]
8)
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

7. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year?
My original reply didn't do the G.B. justice: I thought it was loaded with goodies. The magnetic tool tray is very nice--how did I get along without one of those for so long? (Oh, now I remember: Ziplock bags, mostly.) The battery/charging system analyzer is interesting and useful--and I noticed that Harbor Freight sells those suckers for $9.95 (!) All in all, deffo a huge ROI for the price of the MCA annual membership.

And FWIW I also noticed that Harbor Freight (the one in my area at least) now stocks several less commonly available Meguiars' products, e.g., swirl remover, plastic polish, and a few others.

YMMV 8)
Last edited by Ed Lijewski on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Ed Lijewski wrote: All in all, deffo a huge ROI for the price of the MCA annual membership.
I'd hate to think that people are signing up just to get the goody bag, but I try to make sure there's stuff people can actually use in there rather than crap you'll just throw away when you get home. That's also why I generally refuse to tell people what's in the bag beforehand. :roll: BTW, Quick Detailer works well on counter-tops. :lol:
Ed Lijewski wrote:And FWIW I also noticed that Harbor Freight (the one in my area at least) now stocks several less commonly available Meguiars' products, e.g., swirl remover, plastic polish, and a few others.
No doubt, that's a direct result of the joint marketing we facilitated! :haha
Recomendations for next year's Meguiar's product? "Anything but Quick Detailer", is not a necessary response - that's already been logged. :lol:
Brad