NACS- Out of business? I hope not!

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
mikerobison
Level 2
Level 2

NACS- Out of business? I hope not!

Post by mikerobison »

Web site is down and phone goes dirrect to message machine, with no message. has anyone heard anything?
Frag
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Frag »

Oh but you can still order on Ebay but the feed back is looking kind of shady recently.

Can we stick a fork in this one? Not really sure why everyones so sad about this vendor going away.
:)
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

By most accounts, they're done. Last I heard, there was a chained padlock on the door to their (former) shop. We removed their sponsor logo several months ago after they bounced the sponsor check on us.

The amazing thing is that I understand they've still got stuff advertized on eBay, so beware YB-Performace = NACS.
Brad
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

They were done & gone almost from the start!!!!
Put this one to rest right away. The horse is dead and nothing but dust & bones.
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

?

Post by Mike McCreight »

Despite all the denials, (Daz was "King of Denial"!) they're LONG gone.
I feel for anyone still awaiting stuff, but the writing was on the wall for a LONG time.
Unless things have changed VERY recently, Ebay STILL hasn't removed the auctions, despite several people telling them they're gone. Wait'll THEY try to get paid. :lol:
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!
John V
Level 7
Level 7

Post by John V »

Just had a long phone call from an Irish fellow in Boston yesterday who told me they got him for $14500 for a wicked ass normal aspirated YB Cossie motor and about 9K on other stuff.
He said he has more current phone and has banking details ( a key thing to help track them down), I said I know people in Vancouver very close by who may be able to check and advise.

I thought all along there was too much obviously wrong hype.

A fellow from Salem in Oregon bought a roller 86 shell and a really sweet all black interior from me last year and he said he was getting some ultimate spec YBG 4x4 powerplant but when he came to pick up the shell he said dayum I had more blocks, heads, gearboxes , crossmembers diffs etc laying around than he saw there.

I can't find my phone logs for the guy, it would be good to see if he wants to chase them, too.

Gotta initiate some sort of serious legal action before they disappear back to UK where the law seems to condone financial criminals.

Anybody know somebody in Oregon who was planning on a big 4x4 conversion?
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Last I heard, there was a chained padlock on the door to their (former) shop. We removed their sponsor logo several months ago after they bounced the sponsor check on us.
FYI - you still have them listed (+ link) on the "Our Vendors Page" off the MCA main page.
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

Duh!!!!
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Last I heard, there was a chained padlock on the door to their (former) shop. We removed their sponsor logo several months ago after they bounced the sponsor check on us.
FYI - you still have them listed (+ link) on the "Our Vendors Page" off the MCA main page.
Thanks for the heads-up Mike - I guess we only got them off the home page - they'll be jettisoned from there as well.
Brad