NACS Auctions On Ebay

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
salukixr4ti
Level 3
Level 3

NACS Auctions On Ebay

Post by salukixr4ti »

Well, I'm one of the guys that got taken by Daz, and Ebay still has his listings after having been notified of what's happened - so I took action on my own. I just bought all his auctions out to the sum of $13,000 and change. I'd be more than happy to deal with him personally for collection. I'm perfectly happy to sacrifice my 100% feedback to screw with this prick. Seems it is the only way to get Ebays attention.
This ain't no disco...It's Wichita.
Frag
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Frag »

LOL... This could be entertaining. :popcorn
:)
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

It seems a rather elaborate way to rip some people off, but I'm starting to wonder if this whole NACS thing wasn't intended to be a scam from day one. I mean, does anyone know the last name of Daz? What kind of first name is Daz even? Sure makes it easier to disappear if nobody knows who you are, right? :dunno

Chris- I'm gonna bet that you get no response to the non-payment of your "purchase". It'll be interesting to see if another batch of items are listed up now, indicating that he's still lurking in the shadows.
Brad
salukixr4ti
Level 3
Level 3

Post by salukixr4ti »

Yes Brad, I figured it to be a three-fold victory. The auctions are ended and payment is expected. I'm not paying. Second, hopefully preventing further scamming of others overseas, who would be unaware of what's happening. Finally, my person satisfaction. I've also got family in Canada, that are well placed in the government to make inquiries. I tend to feel vindictive when people get screwed, and make it my mission to do anything possible to right it.
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

Attempt to communicate with him through eBay regarding payment or shipping, whatever. When he fails to respond dispute the sales.
If he does respond, send some sort communication via USPS; then he'll be committing mail fraud, and they love going after that.
If he does respond notify the local (BC) authorities as they'd probably be interested in what he's selling if his business has been shuttered for collections.
Stephen
pacwest
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pacwest »

The FBI is already involved due to mail fraud. Their backlog and interfacing with the CDN autorities? Blood from a stone.

Try and try hard, but this guy will not be giving anyone money. The only way you'll see money is if they seize assets and then you have to join the long line of people who want it divided %100 with %100 return. Ugliness.
salukixr4ti
Level 3
Level 3

Blood From A Stone

Post by salukixr4ti »

Very nice car Jason & I agree. I'd be stunned to recoop any money. I'm just being as vindictive as possible from a disadvantaged position. FWIW, I have the bumper, just never got the urethane splitter as promised. I'd sell the bumper to anyone in the opposite situation in a minute. It's junk in my opinion.
mental_junkyard
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mental_junkyard »

Even funnier.... he can't mess up your feedback rating, as eBay recently changed their feedback system. Sellers CANNOT leave negative feedback for a buyer, only positive or nothing at all. So, you're clear on that point. (Finally something useful from this rule change, which up until now, i hated)
Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

?

Post by Mike McCreight »

Good plan to remove the auctions... :P Nobody's boing to come after you, or mess up your feedback.Gone, unless the seller had the items re-list automatically.
Ebay is not going to pull items, they need every listing they can get, real or otherwise, for the sake of appearances. The shareholders are pissed, to say the least, about the sellers leaving Ebay in droves. There are THOUSANDS of fake listings on Ebay... The "management" have really screwed themselves with the new rules. Marketing 101, anybody?
The # of listings on Ebay are down dramatically, as Ebay tanks.
Try a simple search, like XR4Ti. Time was, there would consistently be 110-140 items. Lately, the # remains about the same, but the display, and item count, INCLUDES the items in the Ebay stores, going back 30 days. Tricky, huh? :roll:
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!
salukixr4ti
Level 3
Level 3

Feedback

Post by salukixr4ti »

Yes, I knew about the feedback being one sided now. I figured it's a no lose situation. My money is gone, but I want no one else getting taken. If as mentioned by another member on the "other" forum, the shop were to re-open after all debts were settled, I'd be up there in a heartbeat to personally settle my collection.
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Re: NACS Auctions On Ebay

Post by anglin »

salukixr4ti wrote:... Ebay still has his listings after having been notified of what's happened - so I took action on my own. I just bought all his auctions out to the sum of $13,000 and change.
Pure brilliance.
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
salukixr4ti
Level 3
Level 3

Ebay Fees, OH MY!!!

Post by salukixr4ti »

I just wonder how far ebay will go to collect on all those auction fees he just incurred?
bw_krupp
Level 4
Level 4

Re: ?

Post by bw_krupp »

Mike McCreight wrote:Good plan to remove the auctions... :P Nobody's boing to come after you, or mess up your feedback.Gone, unless the seller had the items re-list automatically.
Ebay is not going to pull items, they need every listing they can get, real or otherwise, for the sake of appearances. The shareholders are pissed, to say the least, about the sellers leaving Ebay in droves. There are THOUSANDS of fake listings on Ebay... The "management" have really screwed themselves with the new rules. Marketing 101, anybody?
The # of listings on Ebay are down dramatically, as Ebay tanks.
Try a simple search, like XR4Ti. Time was, there would consistently be 110-140 items. Lately, the # remains about the same, but the display, and item count, INCLUDES the items in the Ebay stores, going back 30 days. Tricky, huh? :roll:
Where are the sellers going? I have about 10,000 brand new model kits to sell (high quality, not Lionel. Its my Uncles estate).
salukixr4ti
Level 3
Level 3

This just in from Ebay

Post by salukixr4ti »

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

120203341990 - Cosworth Merkur XR4Ti poly urethane bush kit

We strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. Purchases of items listed on eBay but then completed outside of eBay are extremely risky. They are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs and are highly susceptible to fraud.

For more information on offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe ... -sale.html

***If You Have Already Paid Using PayPal***
If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, please remember these important steps:
- A buyer has 45 days after the date of the payment to open a dispute.
- A dispute can be escalated to a claim within 20 days from when the dispute was filed.
- Buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received, unless the dispute is for $2,500 USD or the equivalent or more.
- If the dispute is not escalated to a claim within 20 days, PayPal will close the dispute. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.
- When the 20-day deadline is approaching, PayPal will remind you by email and in the "Resolution Center."

You can learn more about the PayPal Dispute Resolution process by reviewing step-by-step tutorials found in the Resolution Center after logging into PayPal.com.

***If You Have Already Paid Using a Source Other Than PayPal***
- If you paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
- Contact your bank to stop payment if you paid by check.
- Contact your credit card company if you paid by credit card.
Our goal is to keep eBay safe so you can buy confidently. It's rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay. Whenever these events do occur, we try to help as much as possible to resolve the issue.

This is an automated response, so please don't reply to this message. If you still have questions, please click the "Contact Us" link at the right of the eBay Help pages.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: This just in from Ebay

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

salukixr4ti wrote:We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:
Perhaps there were some previous eBay transactions gone bad that have finally caught up and triangulated with your recent large "purchase". What was his ID? YB-something?
Brad