Building G in 2010

* Merkur 25th Anniversary * Topics related to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2010.

Moderators: DPDISXR4Ti, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

The Euro Ford Garage in Bldg G, featuring Merkur and the real Capri, is a "GO" for the 2010 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals!

More details will be unfolding over the next ~6 months - watch this space and the MCA newsletter going out soon.

And yes, that's right, we're already about half-way through the "Carlisle year". Better get crackin!
Brad
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

Building G and the grounds immediately surrounding it do not appear to within the fence line of the fairgrounds proper - what is the security situation for any cars, etc., left overnight?
Stephen
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

CV12Steve wrote:Building G and the grounds immediately surrounding it do not appear to within the fence line of the fairgrounds proper - what is the security situation for any cars, etc., left overnight?
Bldg G is locked overnight, so it's actually more secure than on the show-field.
Brad
turboxr
Level 5
Level 5

Post by turboxr »

Will the rest of the Merkurs be placed close by the building or will we be separated into two groups?
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
CV12Steve wrote:Building G and the grounds immediately surrounding it do not appear to within the fence line of the fairgrounds proper - what is the security situation for any cars, etc., left overnight?
Bldg G is locked overnight, so it's actually more secure than on the show-field.
Judging by Google Maps (haven't been there - yet) it looks like the area around Building G, where most of the cars will be parked, is outside the actual fairgrounds. It looks open to the adjacent streets.
Are the fairgrounds fenced?
Stephen
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

CV12Steve wrote:Judging by Google Maps (haven't been there - yet) it looks like the area around Building G, where most of the cars will be parked, is outside the actual fairgrounds. It looks open to the adjacent streets.
Are the fairgrounds fenced?
The bldg G grounds will have seperate access security - I'm actually trying to get our own registration right there so that you won't even need to go to the usual Gate 3 registration.

Is there a particular concern Steve?
Brad
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

Not really; I was scoping Google Maps to get the lay of the land and it appears that the perimeter fencing doesn't include the "G" area - I know one of the features of Carlisle is the overnight security afforded cars, etc., even campers, and just wondered if the area around "G" was similarly secured, due to their more exposed nature.
Stephen
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

CV12Steve wrote:I know one of the features of Carlisle is the overnight security afforded cars, etc., even campers, and just wondered if the area around "G" was similarly secured, due to their more exposed nature.
I know you haven't been to Carlisle before Steve, but really, this is central PA farm country - security isn't generally a concern in these parts. The fence around the fairgrounds is there so they can collect admission fees.

FWIW, I actually have somewhat of an opposite concern regarding the cars in Bldg G - I'm concerned we won't get enough people that want to leave their cars in the building for the duration of the show. We'll probably need to make some exceptions and allow some of the cars to depart in the evenings, but preference will go to those who can leave their cars there for the Fri - Sun duration.
Brad
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Building borders a main street both for Carlisle residents and the main entrance to the fairgrounds, and is almost at an intersection with a semaphore. Well lit at night from stgreetlights; lots of visibilty from three sides so any monkey business would likely be hard to perpetrate without being seen.

But as well, 99.9% of the car-nut universe doesn't know or have interest in Marekures. :P

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

I can leave my 86 xr4ti in there from friday to sunday :) it would be np
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Rooster wrote:I can leave my 86 xr4ti in there from friday to sunday :) it would be np
Cool. Good to know. Not really at the stage of planning the cars for the garage portion of Bldg G just yet, but you're the early candidate for the "1986 XR4Ti" category. The showroom XR is going to be the 10K mile '85, still with the original P6 tires. That's the only one I've confirmed so far.
Brad
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

well I am looking for a set of p6 tires myself.. and I only have 27k ;) unrestored of course... so if you can help me in that regard that would be great
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
darkangel26

Post by darkangel26 »

I would be more than willing to leave my scorpio there from friday to sunday... thats if you'd even want it in the building ...its currently on Pirelli P6 tires ;-)
Alicia
89 Merkur Scorpio
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

Do you want the Rally XR there??
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

YES :lol:

xrian wrote:Do you want the Rally XR there??
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"