Building G in 2010

* Merkur 25th Anniversary * Topics related to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2010.

Moderators: DPDISXR4Ti, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

darkangel26 wrote:I would be more than willing to leave my scorpio there from friday to sunday... thats if you'd even want it in the building ...its currently on Pirelli P6 tires ;-)
Thanks Alicia. I should probably start a separate thread on this topic!
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

xrian wrote:Do you want the Rally XR there??
Without question.
Brad
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

OK then next question is will it be secure or do I need to take it back to the hotel at night if we can get it out easily? To many items in it that can disappear if ya know what I mean.
Anything else I should bring for display like video, etc.
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

xrian wrote:OK then next question is will it be secure or do I need to take it back to the hotel at night if we can get it out easily? To many items in it that can disappear if ya know what I mean.
Anything else I should bring for display like video, etc.
I'll get full info on security detail, but I know the building is locked up overnight.

I'm trying to get Carlisle to get us a monitor and DVD player for the showroom area.

In all likelihood, I'll visit Spring Carlisle and review final details of Bldg G in person.
Brad
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

I take it then you would like it IN the building then?
I'll put together everything I have and hope I can get all our video footage from Targa so it can play in a loop on a Laptop or monitor.
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

xrian wrote:I take it then you would like it IN the building then?
Yes. That's really all I'm looking to coordinate in advance Ian, is the cars INSIDE Bldg G. The cars which will be outside the building, which is clearly the majority, will be organized much as we always do - rows will be assigned based on pre-registration numbers.
Brad
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

OK then consider it pre-registered and will get the proper registration once it is up.
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

Registration is up - had mine for a month now.
Stephen
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

I register one car the 86.... we will see if i register the other one... i hope to finish it in time
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
Freejack
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Freejack »

Brad,

You might want to check with the Carlisle folks on Building G being for the Merkur folks. I'm on the MkI/MkII Capri mail list and they are talking about having building G also.

Jake
Jake Schnarre
In the St. Louis area? Join the St. Louis Area Merkur Owners Network (SLAMON) - http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/slamon/
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Freejack wrote:You might want to check with the Carlisle folks on Building G being for the Merkur folks. I'm on the MkI/MkII Capri mail list and they are talking about having building G also.
No errors there Jake - we will both be there as a unified display of European Fords. I actually was speaking with Joe just last night, which is probably what spurred him to post the message to the Capri list.

Bear in mind, the Capri numbers are rather small compared to ours. It will be ONLY the real Euro Capris that join us in and around Bldg G - no Fox-Capris or that horrible Australian thing badged a Capri that was sold here for a couple years in the early 90's.

Here's what is posted on Carlisle's web-site....

CELEBRATE THE EURO FORDS – MERKURS & CAPRIS
25th Anniversary Display and Euro Ford Garage

To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the iconic European Ford - the Merkur, we will host a special display of both Merkur models, the XR4Ti and Scorpio, from all five years of American importation. Additionally, 2010 represents the 40th anniversary of the launch of the "Sexy European" to the United States, the Mercury Capri. Be sure to check out the Euro Ford Garage in Building G, featuring a great display of Merkurs and Capris.
Brad