Sad day

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
EVIL_XR4
Level 7
Level 7

Sad day

Post by EVIL_XR4 »

Well guys, my Merkur has moved on to another happy new owner. I'm both sad and excited. Sad because i really loved that car and enjoyed owning and driving it and i'm really gonna miss the hell out of it, excited because it's funding a much needed paint job for my Mustang (which has been 7 years in the making).

I really wanna thank everyone here for the help and support and advice over the last 3 years..you guys made it that much more enjoyable. I hope to either find another one some day when i have more time to invest or maybe get an SVO or some other turbo 2.3. I'll likely poke my head in here from time to time to say hello and probably to whore pics of the Mustang when it gets painted :lol:

:cheers
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

You will be back... and soon.. :twisted:
XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

SvoSierra wrote:You will be back... and soon.. :twisted:
(x 2 )
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Absolutely. The Hotel California is a wet paper bag in comparison to owning a Merkur! :twisted:
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
gangaskan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Sad day

Post by gangaskan »

EVIL_XR4 wrote:Well guys, my Merkur has moved on to another happy new owner. I'm both sad and excited. Sad because i really loved that car and enjoyed owning and driving it and i'm really gonna miss the hell out of it, excited because it's funding a much needed paint job for my Mustang (which has been 7 years in the making).

I really wanna thank everyone here for the help and support and advice over the last 3 years..you guys made it that much more enjoyable. I hope to either find another one some day when i have more time to invest or maybe get an SVO or some other turbo 2.3. I'll likely poke my head in here from time to time to say hello and probably to whore pics of the Mustang when it gets painted :lol:

:cheers

there is one on CL ;) needs abit of work, but they're looking at 500 some bucks. its blue with paddle wheels and a bi plane, needs paint though for sure (its on cleveland craigslist )
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

gangaskan wrote:

there is one on CL ;) needs abit of work, but they're looking at 500 some bucks. its blue with paddle wheels and a bi plane, needs paint though for sure (its on cleveland craigslist )
That blue one needs LOTS of work.
RatFink
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RatFink »

I hope you painted the wheels silver before you let it go :lol: We'll see you soon...
Daniel Llewellyn

"You can never turn a pig into a race horse, but with enough development you can have a pretty damn fast pig".
Randy Pobst

I just love this guy:
hEaT wrote:Bit more work, but saved me $100 and I got to learn things, cut things, burn things and hammer things. All in all, a solid move.
deathbypsi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by deathbypsi »

Is the new owner a member here already? Or he have any plans to join us?
Brian R.
86 SVO
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

You'll be back. They always come back.

Take some damned pics of that paintjob - :)
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
EVIL_XR4
Level 7
Level 7

Post by EVIL_XR4 »

Ya know, it was for a few reasons. Aside from it being one of the only things of value i could flip to make money to fund the paint job....which was the biggest reason....i was always afraid to drive it. The car was CLEAN. It had a lot of chips and blemishes in the factory paint but the interior was as clean as any new car. That and i was terrified of wrecking it because then what? If i wreck the Mustang i can easily bolt on a new front end, but with how these cars are put together, it's just out of my ability/resources to fix with the spot welds and such. It helps that i didn't drive it much the last year i've owned it since i just built an engine for the Mustang and was driving it a lot.
EVIL_XR4
Level 7
Level 7

Post by EVIL_XR4 »

Oh and I'm betting the new owner will be here eventually to join up. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. He had 2 other Mustangs, one of which was a really rare '82 T top coupe and he was really in love with the XR so it was good to see it go into loving hands and not someone just wanting it because they wanted to jack the boost up and beat it to death. Overall i owned it more for a daily driver since my Mustang is my primary toy, and i just never felt right driving that car as a DD because it was so clean and had relatively low miles.
86XR4Ti5SPD
Level 3
Level 3

Post by 86XR4Ti5SPD »

Always nice to see a sale go to someone who's likely to bring long-term appreciation and preservation to the brand. Good luck with your Merkur 12-step program...let us know how that works out for you. :D
Ed, Nashville
98 SVT Cobra, 1-owner 33K-mile convertible bought 8/15
86 5-spd, Solid Roof, sold 9/15 with 62K miles
03 SVTF #1965 of 3985, sold 9/15 with 68K miles
http://www.86xr4ti5spd.homestead.com
gangaskan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gangaskan »

merkurdriver wrote:
gangaskan wrote:

That blue one needs LOTS of work.

yeah, i figured it was going to be quite a endeavor
Grayson
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Grayson »

Is the new owner in Cincy?
EVIL_XR4
Level 7
Level 7

Post by EVIL_XR4 »

Grayson wrote:Is the new owner in Cincy?
He either lives in Xenia or his dad does and he lives in Dayton. He called saying he was in Dayton but we met up with him in Xenia at his dad's place.