88 xr4ti project

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
jeeping99tj

88 xr4ti project

Post by jeeping99tj »

hey guys new to the XR world and lovin it. tell me what u think of it so far. Still building my motor and waiting on injectors.

1988 Merkur XR4TI. Lowered, A237 roller cam, Big Vam, Garret T3.60/.63, huge fmic, Adj. Cam Gear, Chipped LA2 comp. Ported intake and ported E6 and head,36# injectors 3"TB magnaflow muffler with electric dump,Short throw, Dual piston cal. Brakes
turboxr
Level 5
Level 5

Post by turboxr »

Love it! Hop over to www.merkursport.com for even more shenanigans!

Only thing I think would improve it, is to space the ponies in the rear out about 15mm and add some fender flares. Maybe some lower profile tires as well. Looks great!
jeeping99tj

Post by jeeping99tj »

Ya ive got spacers already just waitin on those tires to wear out. Its lowered all around jus in the pics the motor is out. I bought car with blown motor so i picked one up and doing a full rebuild on it. Should have going in next month or so.
1988 Merkur XR4TI. Lowered, A237 roller cam, Big Vam, Garret T3.60/.63, huge fmic, Adj. Cam Gear, Chipped LA2 comp. Ported intake and ported E6 and head,36# injectors 3"TB magnaflow muffler with electric dump,Short throw, Dual piston cal. Brakes
turboxr
Level 5
Level 5

Post by turboxr »

I love the blacked out Ponies man!
jeeping99tj

Post by jeeping99tj »

thanks. I spent several hours prepping and painting them lol. I've only drove this thing on 3 pistons for like 10 Mins. I can't wait to get it done and be boosting again. Cars totally debadged and black out with tinted windows and black heated leather seats. Love it! [/code]
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Looking good!
jeeping99tj

Post by jeeping99tj »

I'm wondering if anyone here has got there ecu chipped from some last name potter. His name is on the ecu and wasn't wondering more about my program or chipp to see the fuel curve. The guy I got it off messed up a ring and it ripped out of the top of piston. I don't want that happening lol. Any suggestions on a tune. I know I need bigger injectors and jus wanna make sure she runs good and hard. But safe
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT »

Ian does the internal re-pinning of those so they are plug and play with the Merkur harness. No custom tune, just some wiring so it works.

As for larger injectors and a tune, check out going with MegaSquirt:

http://forum.merkurclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16780
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

You have the option to lose that little hood scoop?
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
jeeping99tj

Post by jeeping99tj »

Ya the guy before me put the scoop on there for his tmic. gotta love auto zone hood scoops. sh*tty thing is it was functional so i have a hole in hood. the comp on it says something about a pin swap. ill check and see what it was. i know i have a large vam and he said its a la2 but its painted black and no idea how to tell. Ill check into MS.
jeeping99tj

new

Post by jeeping99tj »

test fitting and making sure i still have all the bolts. lol Im waitn on main and rod bearings and motor willl almost be done.

jeeping99tj

Post by jeeping99tj »

my comp says pin #2 is brake and #27 is ATC. is that LA series?
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT »

jeeping99tj wrote:my comp says pin #2 is brake and #27 is ATC. is that LA series?
Yeah. that's the sticker that Ian puts on his re-pinned ECU's. It doesn't necessarily mean it's an LA, but definitely a TBird ECU.

You can see the sticker here:

jeeping99tj

Post by jeeping99tj »

here is my comp. No idea what sticker says cause it got painted black
deathbypsi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by deathbypsi »

Nice build up! One question tho....why is everything painted except the head? This is like the 4th 2.3t build up I have seen that did that.
Brian R.
86 SVO