Mike Oyler-Merkur Depot

Use this forum to provide feedback, positive and negative, on buyers and sellers who you have had direct contact with. Please do NOT use this forum to resolve an issue unless you have first taken all reasonable measures to resolve privately (e-mail, phone calls, etc). Furthermore, please be civil and rational or your post may be deleted. Regardless, the MCA can not and will not be accountable for anything indicated herein.
Merkur Club web site
Camaro5690
Level 5
Level 5

Mike Oyler-Merkur Depot

Post by Camaro5690 »

Just ordered a Ministarter from Mike. Lowest price I found, shipped it fast, got it in time for me to install this weekend to get the car going again!

Great guy, great doing business with him, and will continue doing business with him.
Adam Wilson
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Mike Oyler-Merkur Depot

Post by hEaT »

Mike is awesome. Purchased a few parts from him and never had an issue. Fast shipping and great prices. Even if his price is a bit higher than a parts superstore, I'd much rather support someone in it for us.
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Thanks guys :thumb:
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

hEaT wrote:Even if his price is a bit higher than a parts superstore, I'd much rather support someone in it for us.
I like when its lower...even after shipping! Then the choice really becomes difficult :)
Camaro5690
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Camaro5690 »

Well Mikes still helping me keep my car alive. Ive ordered several more parts, all great prices and awesomely fast shipping! Thanks for helping me keep my ride on the road Mike!
Adam Wilson
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

:thumb:
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Hello,this is just to say THANKS MIKE!!! I order parts from him few times and I will keep ordering from him,he send the parts very fast,everything looks beautiful and well packaged,great prices and a great person to do business with,always have good deals and great communication. :D :cheers
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Thanks again Miguel ! :thumb
DAReese
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DAReese »

Nice thing for me is I'm close enough to pick things up from Mike.
David Reese

88 XR4Ti - mono white T5, someday to be bi wing
89 Scorpio - waiting on some parts before it hits the road again
88 XR4Ti - mono red C3, parts car
used to own 86 dark blue traded in on a min van, what was I thinking?
eaton53
Level 6
Level 6

Post by eaton53 »

I bought a set of NOS XR4Ti floor mats awhile back and now the Big Blue Merkur Flag.
Got them days faster than the estimated time.
Thanks, Mike!
Mark Copeland - I'm 50 miles west of Kewanee, IL

'89 XR4Ti
Car was the 2014 MCA Merkur Preservation Award Winner
'89 Scorpio
This one has a very bright and shiny future.
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers
$KRILLA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by $KRILLA »

Mikes a good kid !'
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

$KRILLA wrote:Mikes a good kid !'
Most of the time at least.

Thanks to all for the good words. :cheers
Andy82GT
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Andy82GT »

Yes, good prices, quality parts, decent shipping charges, and fast. Thanks Mike!
82 Mustang GT, 408W install in prog
83 Ranger, 302, T5
85 XR4TI, need to do AT>T5 swap! Arrgh!
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Andy82GT wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 am Yes, good prices, quality parts, decent shipping charges, and fast. Thanks Mike!
Thanks for your business Andy !
bali-high89

Post by bali-high89 »

I was on old highway 40, about 30 miles outside brecksten, in the rapido xr. The timing belt broke. So luckily I could see the autozone sign off in the distance. This was back in the day, and though I had a bag phone in the car it was not activated. Inside the store this guy (Mike) was buying a 330 radiator cap. I overheard him say something about a Merkur down the road and I said hey that's my car! Since the timing cover was broken up a bit I asked him about how I should go about putting in this here new belt. Well he gave me some tips about aligning the notch with the little bolt, and using the starter to get the crank pulley nut off. Thanks MIke! I also grabbed a little brown bottle of indian head gasket stuff and a brand new duralast lifetime warranty water pump per his advice. When we pulled up to my car in a right hand drive scorpio there were some questionable young people looking into the windows. He helped me chase them off with a section of lower radiator hose filled with cat litter. Worked great. He was running late as it was so I thanked him for the ride and the advice, then preceded to install my timing belt. Maybe an hour later I was off and rolling and just in time to. These hoodlums were back and angry. Their z24 was no match for the XR and I could see them slip off the sweeper and brush against a concrete divider in my rear view mirror. Not sure what ever happened to those guys but good to hear Mike is doing good. Good times.
"I read about that on the inter-screen"