Couple of nice 2.3 turbos.

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
nathankershaw
Level 5
Level 5

Couple of nice 2.3 turbos.

Post by nathankershaw »

1987 Merkur XR4Ti. T5 swapped. GAZ gold coilovers. Custom rear strut brace. Polybushed everything. Mustang ten hole wheels. Mercury Tracer front bumper.
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Couple of nice 2.3 turbos.

Post by Colin »

That Ranger is all kinds of badass. Pinto is sweet, too.

What's with the "MAP Approved" watermark on the first two images? I'm about an hour from their shop - a force to be reckoned with in the Minnesota performance car arena.
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
nathankershaw
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nathankershaw »

1987 Merkur XR4Ti. T5 swapped. GAZ gold coilovers. Custom rear strut brace. Polybushed everything. Mustang ten hole wheels. Mercury Tracer front bumper.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

A Pinto with a good 2.3T setup would be riot on the street-- imagine how much heavy-duty chair you could embarass! I used to do pretty well in LA back in the Eighties with an NA 2.3, a Hooker header, and a "Pinto" Weber-- and it wasn't bad at canyon carving with the 205/60's, a rear bar, a 2" drop, and KYB's!
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost