duraflex poly bushings,for a sierra in a xr4ti.

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
rab
Level 2
Level 2

duraflex poly bushings,for a sierra in a xr4ti.

Post by rab »

Has anyone heard of the duraflex brand?
Would all of these fit the xr4ti? iirc the front arm bushings might need to get turned down?
here is a link to the bushing set that would come out to roughly 140.00 u.s. to your door.http://www.ebay.com/itm/252173009711?eu ... =ext,bu=bu
merk23literturbo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: duraflex poly bushings,for a sierra in a xr4ti.

Post by merk23literturbo »

Why not use our sponsors and get exactly what you need without guessing and without the overseas shipping hassle? Here's a link to MC2's Optimized bushing kit, great guys to deal with. Add a rear diff mount to your list, you need one, believe me.

http://www.mc2racing.com/products/xr4ti ... index.html
German engineer: We custom fit every part in the Porsche engine.
Japanese engineer: You mean that you make every part wrong to begin with?
rab
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rab »

merk23literturbo wrote:Why not use our sponsors and get exactly what you need without guessing and without the overseas shipping hassle? Here's a link to MC2's Optimized bushing kit, great guys to deal with. Add a rear diff mount to your list, you need one, believe me.

http://www.mc2racing.com/products/xr4ti ... index.html
thats 139.00 for only the front,the duraflex looks to be both front and rear for the same price.
I already have the mc2 diff mount.
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ford.scorpio »

Just like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.

Has anyone ever had issues with powerflex stuff? No.

Save your monies elsewhere but not on brakes/bushings/suspension.
A man meets another addict and says "oh yeah, I have a Merkur too!" and the other man says "no way!!!!! ............how many?"
Matt01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Matt01 »

I got a bushing kit randomly. They were probably for a sierra because. the front control arm bushings are different (on the inside only) The sway bar bushings will probably be different too.
rab
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rab »

Matt01 wrote:I got a bushing kit randomly. They were probably for a sierra because. the front control arm bushings are different (on the inside only) The sway bar bushings will probably be different too.
Do you have a link or name brand?
rab
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rab »

I agree the mc2 stuff is great.

Can anyone tell me the difference in size of bushing sierra vs. xr4ti, iirc the inner front bushing on the sierra are bigger and the swaybars where bigger and that was it correct?

Also if thats the case the inner front bushing i could have turned down.

Also does anyone see any other bushing that the mc2 complete kit would come with vs this kit from duraflex, besided the diff mount?
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ford.scorpio »

You have to measure your front & rear sway bar; there are quite a few different sway bars out there.

Also, do you have Scorpio OR XR brackets; they are different as well. Scorpio has crease in the middle, XR does not.

Thus different bushes/brackets.

Outer TCA's are same on Scorpio/Sierra/XR; inners are different on Scorpio vs. XR/Sierra.

Search through an archive; I had posted detailed description/differences while back.....
A man meets another addict and says "oh yeah, I have a Merkur too!" and the other man says "no way!!!!! ............how many?"
rab
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rab »

ford.scorpio wrote:You have to measure your front & rear sway bar; there are quite a few different sway bars out there.

Also, do you have Scorpio OR XR brackets; they are different as well. Scorpio has crease in the middle, XR does not.

Thus different bushes/brackets.

Outer TCA's are same on Scorpio/Sierra/XR; inners are different on Scorpio vs. XR/Sierra.

Search through an archive; I had posted detailed description/differences while back.....
All stock 87 xr4ti stuff.
timxr8
Level 5
Level 5

Post by timxr8 »

Scorpio/Cossie use larger inner TCA bushing bolts...can't remember if the bushings are larger. Sierra (non Cossie) use the exact same bushings as the XR. The Sierra used many different swaybar sizes, both front and rear. Also, the swaybar brackets were different between some of the Sierras and the XR, so they might not work. 2 of the front swaybar bushings I have purchased over the years would not work with the XR's brackets. One was of the Scorpio kind and one was too small.
Tim Spencer
1988 XR4Ti Duratec project car
2011 Taurus SHO daily driver...not stock.
rab
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rab »

Can anyone confirm from looking, that this is a complete kit minus the rear diff mount, i.e. same bushings as what mc2 offers in their complete set, or is the duraflex missing some?
I ask because I'm not super familiar with the xr4ti, but I want to make sure this kit includes every bushing to completely swap out all my old stock rubber in the xr4ti. From what I see comparing the dura vs. mc2, the only difference is the dura set does not include the rear diff mount. Am I correct in thinking this?
Grayson
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Grayson »

It's a complete kit.

The front sway bar bushings won't fit your OEM clamps. The inner TCA bushings won't fit your OEM TCAs, and someone better than me will have to turn down that polyurethane. I've never had any luck machining poly. The upper strut mount bushings are an interesting design that I've never seen before, but that's not saying it's not a good design. Rear sway bar bushings do not look to be included. Rear upper spring isolators look to be included, and those are not part of the mc2racing kit, so that's a bonus.

I would not run Duraflex on my car. If I would, I would carry Duraflex at mc2racing rather than Powerflex. Heck, it's cheaper, right? It's your car though. I say buy the kit and let us know how it works!