Junkyards and Gearheads

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

Merkur Club web site
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Junkyards and Gearheads

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
grampy666
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Junkyards and Gearheads

Post by grampy666 »

from the book review...

Similarly, some governmental bodies took their opposition to very great lengths. In Fairfax County, Virginia, in a case championed by this newspaper editorially, Eugene Mixon owned half a dozen old cars, all of which ran and all of which were properly registered and licensed, and no one objected. But when some new neighbors complained, the county sent an official to investigate. An aggrieved Mr. Mixon would not allow access to his property, so the government rented a helicopter, did a flyover inspection, and ruled that Mr. Mixon was operating an “illegal junkyard.” He was forced to clean up his property.

Good thing for me that I live in the woods, 1000' from any neighbor...at various times over the last 20 years I've had 4-6 non-registered or non-running cars sitting around. Right now, 2 of them are in the garage while my daily drivers sit outside...

I love junkyards...a local one lets me wander around when I'm looking for parts...
-Michael-

1985 XR4TI - one owner - off the road since 1999, finally starting to work on it!