89 XR4, 3 years in the making. Alot to do still.

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
Hobgoblyn

Re: 89 XR4, 3 years in the making. Alot to do still.

Post by Hobgoblyn »

Dude, I love your wheels. what are they? They look a lot like the TSW Hockenheim's. I have been trying to find this wheel for the last 5 years. Last year I sandblasted my basketweaves (stock BBS's) and painted them bodycolor and put them on. They are going on the 86 as soon as I find what I am looking for. I think that style you have look badass with the Cossie bodywork. Luckily I have two white car's, I'm putting all the body pieces off the 88 onto the 86. I never cared a lot for the gray cladding. Can you give me a model number on those wheels so my search will be easier. Thanks, Lyn
88 Xr4Ti Mono white T5, Stinger, Turbonetics t3t4, Godzilla bov, Evolution w/g, Spearco FMIC, 65mm TB, Roller Cam, 3'' Borla SS exhaust, Superchip SVO EEC, Centerforce Stage II, Sparco seats, Momo wheel, shifter, and pedals, Phantom gauges,Cosworth RS body panels, Euro lights.
86 White/Gray 5 sp Borla short shifter.
Matt01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Matt01 »

they are 17" BBS RX . Rare to find in 4x108. I drove 7 hours to get them, and 7 hours back..
DAReese
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DAReese »

A front strut installed correctly! I do wish you still had A/C so I could see if that would work for mine. Interesting the strut connection in mine is different than yours. Mine goes around the tower completely.
David Reese

88 XR4Ti - mono white T5, someday to be bi wing
89 Scorpio - waiting on some parts before it hits the road again
88 XR4Ti - mono red C3, parts car
used to own 86 dark blue traded in on a min van, what was I thinking?
Matt01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Matt01 »

DAReese wrote:A front strut installed correctly! I do wish you still had A/C so I could see if that would work for mine. Interesting the strut connection in mine is different than yours. Mine goes around the tower completely.
ya the 3/4 shock tower thing I dont get, it doesnt fit well on the tower. I think the ones that go all around the tower are better. Id like to try one of those.
Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mike McCreight »

There's one on my wall!
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!
Matt01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Matt01 »

i know, i saw it. I need to save some cash before I come back to see you though.