focus recaro seats

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Re: focus recaro seats

Post by hEaT »

I believe you'll run into a few different variants of the recent Focus/Fiesta Recaros (color, material, heat/non, and power).

I can at least recall for the Focus ST (I'm not too well-versed on the Fiesta) you have the option for:
  • Partial Leather - Black and Blue - Non-Heat - Manual: ST2 Package
  • Partial Leather - Black and Orange - Non-Heat - Manual: ST2 Package
  • Partial Leather - Black and Grey - Non-Heat - Manual: ST2 Package and from Ford Racing
  • Full Leather - All Black - Heat - Power: ST3 Package
The RS uses the same seat as the Focus, but different options and appearance:
  • Full Leather - All Black - Non-Heat - Manual: RS1 Package
  • Partial Leather - Black Miko-Dinamica Inserts - Heated - Power adjust, lumbar: RS2 Package

In the final year, 2018, the only option available is the heated, power, half leather and miko-dinamica seats.

There are the non-heated shell seats elsewhere in the world which are based on the Recaro Sportser CS seats, but they are unavailable in the US. Unless you're putting them in an RS Focus...I'd recommend just getting the Sportster seats since they'll be cheaper/easier to find and the RS stitching doesn't do much on the Merkur.

As far as I know, the mounting in the Focus since 2012 has been the same across models so you should be able to use a junkyard cheapo seat to see about the actual bolt pattern.
Spaldino
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Spaldino »

hEaT wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:48 pm I believe you'll run into a few different variants of the recent Focus/Fiesta Recaros (color, material, heat/non, and power).

I can at least recall for the Focus ST (I'm not too well-versed on the Fiesta) you have the option for:
  • Partial Leather - Black and Blue - Non-Heat - Manual: ST2 Package
  • Partial Leather - Black and Orange - Non-Heat - Manual: ST2 Package
  • Partial Leather - Black and Grey - Non-Heat - Manual: ST2 Package and from Ford Racing
  • Full Leather - All Black - Heat - Power: ST3 Package
The RS uses the same seat as the Focus, but different options and appearance:
  • Full Leather - All Black - Non-Heat - Manual: RS1 Package
  • Partial Leather - Black Miko-Dinamica Inserts - Heated - Power adjust, lumbar: RS2 Package

In the final year, 2018, the only option available is the heated, power, half leather and miko-dinamica seats.

There are the non-heated shell seats elsewhere in the world which are based on the Recaro Sportser CS seats, but they are unavailable in the US. Unless you're putting them in an RS Focus...I'd recommend just getting the Sportster seats since they'll be cheaper/easier to find and the RS stitching doesn't do much on the Merkur.

As far as I know, the mounting in the Focus since 2012 has been the same across models so you should be able to use a junkyard cheapo seat to see about the actual bolt pattern.
that's fantastic info, thanks for that!

the focus seats would sit lower than the stock XR ones, correct?
88 Mono-white XR: Side exhaust, Walbro, MC2 Front Adjustable Coilovers, Rear Bilsteins, Full Poly bushings, MC2 Diff Mount, Rapido intercooler, Some sort of mild cam(?), Rear Disc conversion, 225s on 17x8 wheels.
GT350RS

Post by GT350RS »

Yes, the RS has dual power seats with side airbags.

The Focus ST has the same seat design, different material. The ST3 has full leather, both seats have side airbags, but IIRC the ST1 and 2 has a manual adjustment fore and aft, but the recline is power.

The RS and ST3 both also have heated seats.
'87 XR4Ti - Blue Grey Metallic - Moonroof - All Original - 98K mi
'16 GT350 - Triple Yellow - Black OTS - Lund Tuned
'17 Focus RS - Stealth Grey - FR Tuned
'05 S2000 - Suzuka Blue - All Original - 34k mi
'02 A4 3.0 Quattro - Light Silver - All Original - 68K mi
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Spaldino wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:17 pm the focus seats would sit lower than the stock XR ones, correct?
Depends on how you mount them. What were you thinking in that regard?
Brad
Spaldino
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Spaldino »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 am
Spaldino wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:17 pm the focus seats would sit lower than the stock XR ones, correct?
Depends on how you mount them. What were you thinking in that regard?
I am what most people would call a "large man". If i sit in my desired position i have to lean my head to the side and into the sunroof opening to fit... so i generally just hunch over a little. that is undesirable for autocross/track use.
88 Mono-white XR: Side exhaust, Walbro, MC2 Front Adjustable Coilovers, Rear Bilsteins, Full Poly bushings, MC2 Diff Mount, Rapido intercooler, Some sort of mild cam(?), Rear Disc conversion, 225s on 17x8 wheels.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Spaldino wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:29 pm I am what most people would call a "large man".
In that case, you certainly won't want to use the stock XR track assembly. You'll want to remove the four mounting feet from the tracks and then throw the rest away. Then you'll want to figure out how to use those four feet with the Focus tracks.
Brad
worked_xr
Level 7
Level 7

Post by worked_xr »

GT350RS wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:06 pm In the STs, you had the ST1 - ST2 - ST3 packages. All seats were Recaro made. The difference was whether or not they were skinned in leather and had the ability to be heated (ST3).
Actually, ST1 do not get Recaros in the US. They are the same as the Focus sport/Platinum seats in an ST specific cloth pattern.

With regard to their comfort, especially for those of generous proportion, I can say it definitely depends on your body type. I'm a big guy... as in fat... 5'10", 335lbs... and I absolutely love the seats in my ST3. It took them probably 3 or so weeks to fully "break in", but they've been great ever since, which is over 5 years and 70k miles of daily driving. And they've held up great. If I could ever find a set cheap enough, I'd gladly install a set in my XR.
cmouta
Level 3
Level 3

Post by cmouta »

Wouldn't the 3 door SVTF Recaros be desirable because of their hardware for rear seat access in the XR? 4/5door front seats in a 2/3door sound annoying!
Chris
1988 Mono Rosso Red Merkur XR4Ti - Sold!