Walmart Battery Finder

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

Merkur Club web site
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Walmart Battery Finder

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

I remember awhile back when the touchscreen battery finder didn't have Merkur on the list. Now it's on there. It pops up Maxx T5. I looked and they had three of them at $120 no core needed. It even said battery cable change required. I had no idea they were such experts on the Merkur.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
zxr250cc
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Walmart Battery Finder

Post by zxr250cc »

I am using a 96R type battery in mine and it is rated at 590 CCA, which is why I chose it. It is a straight drop in. A 47 or 48 series will also work (H5 is like a 48 series in size.) I thought of using a 48AGM but they don't like high heat... The original battery connection was stupid and mine went to normal US style with the first battery change in '88.

Cheers
1986 XR4Ti Mineral Blue Metallic
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

Advanced Auto says use their 47H but it costs $175
My first XR came with a group size 58 that is just a little too big to sit level.
My second came with no battery and I got the duralast 42-DL
Just spin it around and put a spacer it there and it fits nice.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Post by brokencase »

I am on my second group 47/H5 Walmart battery in my Scorpio.

The first one died after about a year and a half. I was happy they replaced no questions asked.
Unfortunately it was disappointing to see many other returned batteries behind the customer service counter.

The second one seems fine, but we will see. When I grabbed the second battery I took my time to check the date codes on the battery to get the most recently made battery. As it goes for a gallon of milk so it goes for Walmart batteries.
Specialization is for Insects
Bob Weir
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Bob Weir »

I live close to East Penn Mfg that manufactures Deka batteries. I always buy their 2nds at the factory. Their 2nds have only a case defect, so they are only sold at factory. Unfortunately, they only have a 30 day warrenty. I pay about $80 and less a discount for core.

If anyone wants one at Carlisle, contact me, I'll get a current price. Payment in advance and I'll deliver at Carlisle.