WTB 7.5 Bearings and Seals

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
nzwinrz
Level 5
Level 5

WTB 7.5 Bearings and Seals

Post by nzwinrz »

Starting to get seepage around drive flanges on my 7.5 LSD. Think its time to source the seals and maybe fresh bearing while I'm in there. Is there a good source here state side, before I order from abroad? Thinking of just tear down, get numbers off old seals and bearing, then trace down locally.

Any thoughts?

One more thing, anyone got the carrier tool for the bearing preloading?
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Re: WTB 7.5 Bearings and Seals

Post by reddy2300 »

Did you ever get any resolution for this?
1987 XR4ti--Mustang Cobra 5.0/T5 transmission, AFR heads, fake BBS wheels, Koni Yellows, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Eurolights, Sierra rear/Focus front discs,
nzwinrz
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nzwinrz »

Not really, blew it off at the time, been sitting waiting for attention last 3yrs. Now that I just got reminded I'll be back to sourcing parts. Got them marked on ebay from UK but thinking of just tearing into it and finding the numbers I need to source locally. The pre-load tool I haven't decided on yet.
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Post by reddy2300 »

Well, I am also asking around for info and no one seems to have any. I have this diff, as well. Needs the o-rings replaced, which I have. I'm told if the seals aren't leaking and the bearings aren't howling to not worry about it. The "source" for info seems to be Chris Grayson at MC2Racing. He could probably get you the part numbers and such. I did buy the adjuster tool from MC2. Seems to be really well made.
1987 XR4ti--Mustang Cobra 5.0/T5 transmission, AFR heads, fake BBS wheels, Koni Yellows, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Eurolights, Sierra rear/Focus front discs,
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Post by reddy2300 »

It should be the same as our own non-LSD 7.5" stuff. I bought new ones for one that I thought was LSD. It wasn't. So I have the pinion seal, the side seals and the rubber orings for the adjusters. I'd sell them for $40, shipped. I got them from Jeff at MPM just a week or two ago.