Mighty I-70/I-76 Convoy

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Holy Cow is this getting BIG!
Right. And I have waywayway too much to do in the next 48 hours to be messing around with posting to the MCAF. It's not just convoy stuff, it's not just Carlisle stuff, it's not just school stuff (I'll be up at 0500 hours on Wednesday get the rest of my physics test cramming in), it's not just wife/house project stuff. It's a daunting list of tasks that will seemingly never end.

What was I just talking about? Anyway, convoy plans are coming together and convoy members are on the road. How exciting is that?!?!
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

Plans for the pickup on the east side of Columbus are shifting. We had considered a fuel up at that point, even though it was only 90 miles or so from Huber. This fuel point would have allowed Merkurs to travel to New Stanton without the need for refueling. However, it looks like that plan is going to shift slightly. We're probably going to do a rolling pickup of anybody at the Flying J, Columbus, east side. Then do the fuel stop at the Washington (there were some other names for this) exit at about mile marker 186 in Ohio. There will be reduced truck traffic at this exit and that will ease in the on-off transition pains we go through trying to get a large group in place on the highway or at an exit.

Anyway, stay alert, informed and flexible. Plans are changing as developments come up.

If you aren't on the convoy list yet, get the heck over there (and get a damn CB while you are at it).
www.mc2racing.com
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

If I may be sold bold as to break Colin's triple posting rule...

With such a large group, the informal headcounts we've had in the past aren't going to work. Jerry has devised a plan to keep accountability of the group as we travel and leave stopping points and rest areas. This involves a bright orange (from what he said) sticker about 1.5" in diameter that is going to be placed on the left rear window (upper portion) of your Merkur. Do NOT remove it. It is there for a reason. There will be a number on this sticker and this number will be associated with you. If you didn't bring a map and you get left behind at a rest area you might be in for a world of doodoo.

Remember to move with the pack. If you go off and do your own thing it will be difficult to keep track of you and we won't know what's going on.

DO YOUR PART TO REDUCE CONFUSION BY MAKING SENSIBLE DECISIONS!!!
www.mc2racing.com
ohnoes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ohnoes »

Just please don't skip up the Flying J Truck Stop point.. thats where I'm getting on the convoy in the morning, lol. :P
Emily
89' Scorpio
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

ohnoes wrote:Just please don't skip up the Flying J Truck Stop point.. thats where I'm getting on the convoy in the morning, lol. :P
We won't skip it. Not sure exactly how we are going to be peforming the pick up just yet, but traffic at that stop has become our concern. If you have provided a cell phone number we'll probably call it when we get close to let you know to be on the look out. If you have a CB we'll be trying to get you to reply on it. "Hey ohnoes, you got your ears on?"
www.mc2racing.com
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

There's maps and directions to my place now posted on the I-70 Convoy Mailing List main page. If you aren't over there yet, you are slackin'.
www.mc2racing.com
ohnoes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ohnoes »

anglin wrote:
ohnoes wrote:Just please don't skip up the Flying J Truck Stop point.. thats where I'm getting on the convoy in the morning, lol. :P
We won't skip it. Not sure exactly how we are going to be peforming the pick up just yet, but traffic at that stop has become our concern. If you have provided a cell phone number we'll probably call it when we get close to let you know to be on the look out. If you have a CB we'll be trying to get you to reply on it. "Hey ohnoes, you got your ears on?"
I'm not sure if my bf will let me take the cell phone (cause I'm going alone.. he was gonna go until like yesterday) hopefully he will, and mhamilton is supposedly going to sell me a handheld CB at your place today. :P
Emily
89' Scorpio
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

ohnoes wrote:I'm not sure if my bf will let me take the cell phone (cause I'm going alone.. he was gonna go until like yesterday) hopefully he will, and mhamilton is supposedly going to sell me a handheld CB at your place today. :P
Well, I'd rather members of the convoy have CBs anyway. This way everybody can hear everybody else's traffic. There's no dialing when you have a CB. Just cue it up and talk and the whole world can hear you. (Up to 2 whole miles away!)

See you tonight!
www.mc2racing.com