"Was It As Good For You As It Was For Me?"

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Now the event has past into history, I too say it was great! I don't think anything needed to be done differently.

Friday night I had thought that it was our last time at that hotel. Looks like everything was ironed out and I vote we go there next year. The rooms are great, beds were very comfortable. The food was good also. The bar is reasonable. The parking lot with the lights was okay also.
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Next year someone should bring some giant pieces of that lucite they use to cover florescent lights in a panel ceiling so that we can make a diffuser for those lights. My arm still aches from shielding my eyes. :lol:
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

thanks guys! It was nice meeting you all as well.

Saul...your scorpio is so friggin hot. My god, is that thing clean! I didn't think it was slow.....we were just speeding! Haahaa.
:lol: goofing off...those silly kids!!! That is what I screamed to you , but you didn't hear me...sorry, the engine was loud! I can never hear anything as well!

Hope to see you all again soon!!!
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Next year! I'll definitely go again next year. And this time my car will have some cojones to go along with the bright green paint. :lol:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I was thinking more along the lines of the Volvo head... but 100 hp more (at least!) will be made. ;)
Instagram @colinrdoyle
tvissoc
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tvissoc »

Since my XR has a power/beauty releationship that is inversely proportional, It will should be half-again as ugly but half-again more powerful.

Tony
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

tvissoc wrote:Since my XR has a power/beauty releationship that is inversely proportional, It will should be half-again as ugly but half-again more powerful.

Tony

I think you're saying it will be twice as ugly since you'll be making it twice as powerful, right :?: No :?: :lol: Gotta be careful with that cuz at some point, ugly can't be doubled--cf., Steve Duchene's car, e.g. :lol: :wink:

YMMV 8)
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

had soo much fun! Oh Saul the drive home was lot's of fun! ;) your Scorpio is a Beautiful example. :D
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Colin wrote:Next year someone should bring some giant pieces of that lucite they use to cover florescent lights in a panel ceiling so that we can make a diffuser for those lights. My arm still aches from shielding my eyes. :lol:
Ha! :lol: When I arrived at the hotel Thursday night and saw that the hotel had lived up to the contract, I jokingly said, "I'm gonna punch the first person in the nose that complains about the lights being too bright!" Having now met all 6-foot whatever Colin, I respectfully retract that statement! :lol: :lol:
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

I thought it amusing at 8am Sunday morning, with the sun beating down and the lights and generator still running. We told the hotel we needed lights - we forgot to tell them that they could turn them off when the sun came up!

Hey - those bright lights attracted all the bugs from miles around! For once I didn't get bitten!
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

Those lights cracked me up! :lol:
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

ztee24 wrote:Those lights cracked me up! :lol:
You and me both. I was like, holy crap, that vowel at the end of my last name comes in handy sometimes! :lol:
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Alex---don't you DARE resize that photo of the Carlisle 2005 showfield just put up on the MCA Home page to try to see Ztee24's butt crack!!!! :oops:

YMMV 8)
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

I thought I was going to be dancing on stage with that light on the grass! Haahaa.

Alex..behave :twisted:
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

AlexD wrote:I am a girl.
Whoa, what?! That changes everything. :lol:
Instagram @colinrdoyle