Bad news

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
ohnoes
Level 1
Level 1

Bad news

Post by ohnoes »

:oops: :cry:

As many people see by now, I wasn't able to make it to Carlisle. Sudden changes kept that from happening, some personal so I wont mention, and basically, the Scorpio is having some problems again and I didnt want to risk f***** it up a ton worse by going there.

If anyone see's this who is going to be at Carlisle today, please inform Phil (OPMD.com) that I'm very sorry, and thank him, and I sent off the money and a letter to him today. (and I understand if he's very mad at me :cry: )

Sorry everyone that was expecting me to go, I messed up alot of stuff anyways so I don't think it would've been that great for me. (I wasn't able to get a room at the hotel everyone is staying at, and wasn't able to get a dinner ticket.)

I'll definitely be going next year, I'm thinking by the time it rolls around maybe my car will work better and look better, and if theres any meets between now and then thats near me, I'll most likely go to those too.

<3

Emily

P.S. It was nice to meet alot of people at Anglin's yesterday :D and unexpectedly driving behind mhamilton all the way from Columbus to Huber Heights.
ohnoes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ohnoes »

Yeah, but oh well. There's always next year. I was mostly wanting to go to pay Phil back because I promised him I would pay him back at Carlisle. :cry: He probably hates me now, :?
phild765
Level 6
Level 6

Bad News

Post by phild765 »

Hi Emily,

Sorry you couldn't make it, stuff happens. Thanks for sending the check, hope to see you next year. Try Bottle Hill Day in the Fall?
!

Phil D
opmd.com
Check out our new Groove oriented web radio station: http://www.thebocx.com
tvissoc
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tvissoc »

Emily,

Good to meet you at the Anglin's.... FYI, there is a Ford show at National Trail Raceway in Aug/Sept. More and more Merkurs are turning out for the event. That's practically in your back yard, being just East of Columbus, OH.

Tony
ohnoes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ohnoes »

AlexD wrote:She's not going to come to NJ for a 1 day show lol. :lol:
:lol: I dunno.. I might, I really love to travel when I can even if its pretty much a waste of time. Though I dunno if my car would be good enough for that long of a drive by the fall.. we'll see.

And Tony, yeah I'll probably go to that one. :D
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

You'll make it next year, sweetie-- you were missed! Plan as far ahead as you can, and that will usually take care of stuff like the hotel, dinner tickets, etc. Not to mention that we are a chivalrous and caring bunch who probably would have found a way to make all that happen anyway!

Don't worry-- next year will be here before you know it! :wink:
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Emily you were missed! This was definately a great year. We all understand that the car sometimes just doesn't need a test like it gets going that far. Some let the car off the jacks the day before they left for the trip. Could be the same cars that had problems on the way. I was too bad, but probably a smart move if you did not feel comfortable taking the car out of town.

You would not have been the only Merk-Chick there. I think we had 3 other ladies in their Merkurs make it to Carlisle.

Stay tuned for more info on the Columbus Merkur Mega-Meet.
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
ohnoes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ohnoes »

Yeah.. and another reason is the car hasnt been taken out of Ohio (at the most) in years. :shock:
ohnoes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ohnoes »

Farthest I've driven it... the distance between southern dayton to eastern columbus.

I can't remember my dad ever driving it really far when he owned it.. mightve driven it to Tennessee a loooooong time ago.
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I'm willing to bet they're the 5280-foot kind... ;)
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
ohnoes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ohnoes »

It's been stuck at 129k miles for who knows how long (and my other thing is stuck too.. the one that counts what miles your doing which you can reset, thats stuck at like 99, lol).. I know its been stuck there since I've got it. I'm guessing by now its atleast at 150k..
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

I'm getting ready to replace the thing that turns the thing that makes the thing go. :roll: :wink: :lol:
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
ohnoes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ohnoes »

Shush, I always forget what those things are called. :roll:
mangostick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mangostick »

Merks are great highway cars..a few came out from the west coast, I came up from fl...as long as the engine is in good tune and sound..your all set. Im gonna try to make it next year, we'll see how fundage goes. I didnt see you there Alex...hmm...wonder why...
As for the room and dinner ticket, I ended up having an extra bed and dinner ticket I would have donated to the cause. There's always next year :D hopefully we'll see you there.
where'd I put that damned hammer?? :-D

Shawn Mangan