A late "Thank You!"

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

A late "Thank You!"

Post by MerkurScorpio »

I wanted to post this sooner, but was delayed by some computer issues.

Anyway, I want to extend my thanks to everyone from the MCA and the Merkur community for what I think was the best Carlisle yet! I know the amount of time and energy it takes to put together an event like this is enormous, and the effort has not gone unappreciated.

As always, it was great to meet up again with so many friends in the community, and finally put faces to the names of some whom I've never met in person. The amount of support, camaraderie, and good will within this community of car-lovers always astounds me and is something I’m very proud to be a part of.

Mr. Miller and Carlisle Productions were great hosts for our big get-together, and the MCA did an absolutely dynamite job with the whole weekend, from the shirts and goody bags, to the delicious and highly-entertaining banquet, to the “everyone’s a winnerâ€
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Nice comments-- all true!

OK, quick show of hands-- how many of you, like me, still have their candy bar in the fridge, unwrapped, and are too in awe of it to eat it? :roll:
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

My weight reduction measure (A/C removal) resulted in my Chocy Merk being reduced to a blob so I ate it!

I echo all of MrkurScorpio's comments - it was a great event & many thanks to those who put the effort in to make it so!

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
minitrucker
Level 3
Level 3

Post by minitrucker »

Whats this about a Merk candy bar? Anyone have a pic of it?
This is my bucket:
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

The bar AND cookie are in my fridge.... Anyone know of a "cold bronzing" system to bronze these for eternal keeping? :lol:
XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

I win: I still have the XR4TI script chocolate candy bar and the Merkur Emblem sugar cookie. :D :wink:

YMMV 8)
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

I broke the darned cookie, so I ate it. Seemed like the only reasonable thing to do...
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

So, if your XR breaks, is sending it to a "crusher"--albeit a different one--also indicated :P :D :wink:

YMMV 8)
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Well, if it breaks in half down the middle-- yeah! It would seem like the omly reasonable thing to do! :P
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

What is interesting is that in addition to Eve's custom-made cookie cutter, Connie still has one of Eve's original cookies, which is what she used as a model to produce the cookies that each of you got. :cry:
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Like Wilky, I too ate the chocolate "blob" . I did so after I showed the wife what it was. I was very impressed with that surprise! Thanks to Scott Williams and his wife for that labor of love.

How about this years' Merkur glass? I really like it! The shoulder bag was cool, I'll get to use it at Disney (my 2nd home). Wonder if anyone with recognize the MCA logo?

Alex D, please no reply. :evil:
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
mangostick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mangostick »

John Brennan wrote:Well, if it breaks in half down the middle-- yeah! It would seem like the omly reasonable thing to do! :P
Well at that point I dont think parting out the cookie would have been a viable option...a dead xr can always donate to keep a living one healthy :D I paid my respect to the maker of the cookie by enjoying if for its intended purpose. Like the xr is for driving...a great cookie is for eating :-) although in reguards to the xr chocolate bar...I was in deep with that one...no self respecting chocoholic will let a cocoa product out of sight without a taste, even with the inner conflict of loving the xr and chocolate...the cocoa lost out and I then had a xr4t...then a xr4, then just an xr....Im sure you can see where this is going :lol:
where'd I put that damned hammer?? :-D

Shawn Mangan
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

You are right, of course-- yet the time I had at Carlisle was so meaningful to me, I just can't eat it (yet)!

Mark, you are absolutely right about the mug and shoulder pack-- very nice, very well-thought-out items, which have not been given due credit until now.
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

John Brennan wrote:Mark, you are absolutely right about the mug and shoulder pack-- very nice, very well-thought-out items, which have not been given due credit until now.
Thanks John & Mark. You can blame me for the backpack and Scott for the mugs. I even did a bit of "market research" on the bags, asking for input from a few "GenX" guys. Funny thing is, at first they thought they were fanny packs, and I got a response back of, "I think I'd get laughed at if I wore that." Once it was realized they were backpacks, it was all good. 8)

But what, no comments on the "Cell mate". Those things are more miraculous than Jesus Juice! I put mine on the steep slope above the cubby, and my garage door opener and cell phone hung on there for 200 miles! I'm just not sure about the name. :?
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

I ate somebody else's XR4Ti chocolate bar, or part of it. I still have mine in the fridge, as far away from the interior of an XR, where it would ironically melt, as I can possibly get it.

Since the cookies originated at my house, I have a pretty good idea of what they taste like. Eh hem. Also, I couldn't remember what I did with the cookie I had at the banquet until it hit me - Connie knew where I was going to be sitting and decided I didn't need a cookie.
mhamilton wrote:Alex D, please no reply.
That's some funny stuff. I'm starting to see a trend here since this isn't the first place I've seen you write this. I think I'll start adding this to the end of my posts too. Perhaps adding it to my signature line would be good idea, but he might miss the point then.

AlexD, please no reply.
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com