rs200 evolution

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
Merkenstein
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Merkenstein »

thanks for the correction, I guess what I mean is I know of one :lol:
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

merkenstein wrote:thanks for the correction, I guess what I mean is I know of one :lol:
It's just a poke in the ribs eh? Believe me, when you see one in person...you'll need a napkin to wipe off the drool. :D
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
Merkenstein
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Merkenstein »

I will probably never see one in person :lol: I am in North East TN. Wonder what the weight is of that car?
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

merkenstein wrote:I will probably never see one in person :lol: I am in North East TN. Wonder what the weight is of that car?
They are very easy to see!!! go that show room or if all fails, go to one of the shows in the UK and you WILL see it!

here's my pics from earlier this year and couple weeks ago.

From a show/ race I went to in April

From couple weeks ago at the RSOC National Day at Donnington Race track.

To see the rest of the pictures you would have to go here there's about 167 pics and if you're love we all the euro fords like I am it's a required view.

Oh, only down fall is, you must be crazy to join us, cause only members can view pics.

http://merkursport.com/index.php?showtopic=1757
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
Texranger
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Texranger »

Sweet pics, beautiful car...thanks for share!!!!

Nick.
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

I know I'll probably get beaten to a pulp for asking this but does anyone know of a decent kit car or replica. I'll never be able to afford a real one but I may just be able to get a glimps of the excitement via a decent kit/replica - and lets face there's probably only a handful of folks in NA who could tell it wasn't original. Takes the WTF is it of our XR's to the extreme eh.

There's an outfit in the UK that makes a very credible replica/kit for the Lancia Stratos and I have been seriously tempted to build one but if I could get my hands on an RS200 I may actually do it.

Just a thought - be nice to me all you purists out there.

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
bw_krupp
Level 4
Level 4

Post by bw_krupp »

http://www.rsautomotive.co.uk/

The site seems to be down at the moment, search with google, maybe its been changed. Basically spend the $20,000+, take your Merkur (since it shares most of its parts with a Sierra it will probably work) and turn it into an RS200. Or spend even more and use a cossie 4x4 and do it properly. These are the only guys who make a PROPER RS200 clone that I have seen, all others make a body kit. IF I had the money, I would have jumped on this years ago. I barely have enough to pay bills at the moment though.
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Thanks for the info - I'll research this and let y'all know what I find.

Using a Sierra as the base would mean front engine layout though and this would probably kill the character & performance of the car - maybe they do something clever though and keep the mid layout - I'll find out though.

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
Freejack
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Freejack »

fastmaul wrote:
merkenstein wrote:I will probably never see one in person :lol: I am in North East TN. Wonder what the weight is of that car?
What's funny about those is that if you loose the spoiler and scoops, you have a relatively unassuming car there that can kick the asses of 99.9% of the cars of the world.

Jake
Morgan
Level 2
Level 2

Tail lights

Post by Morgan »

Anyone notice the tail lights look very similar to an XR's?
86 XR4Ti - Megasquirt n EDIS, Big IC, full 3" exhuast, Toyota 8" LSD, Spax adj. susp., RX-7 front hubs, RX-7 Brakes.
87 XR4Ti - Stock auto daily driver
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

Yes, I have noticed that. I think they are interchangable.
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Tail lights

Post by jasonty »

they have a few parts in common w/ the XR/Sierras
Morgan wrote:Anyone notice the tail lights look very similar to an XR's?
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
JasonKnight
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JasonKnight »

i would love to take the front bumper to that and have it custom fitted to a xr4... :-P
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Tail lights

Post by fastmaul »

Morgan wrote:Anyone notice the tail lights look very similar to an XR's?
That's because they are the same. So are the doors(cut down to fit) and the windshield.
xr4time
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xr4time »

Get this, have you ever seen the movie "The Princess Bride" with Fred Savage, Peter Faulk, Billy Crystal and Andre the Giant? In the opening scene Peter Faulk comes into Fred Savages room and on the wall is a poster of an RS200 with the word "TURBO" on it, I had always thought it was a Porsche but after watching it with my four year old x number of times I finally saw it.
Wandering in search of...