Tampa Florida Get Together 10-16-2005

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
FURIOUSS

Tampa Florida Get Together 10-16-2005

Post by FURIOUSS »

Hi, I'm working on organizing a Tampa get together on Sunday October 16th. Please email me if you would be interested. Basically anyone with a Ford 2.3 Turbo in their car is invited. Thanks, Mark

Mark@etbpensions.com
85 XR RACER, 88 XR MODIFIED.
'05 Mazdaspeed Miata,'92 Daytona IROC R/T, '81 Delorean,'80 TR-8, A 2nd TR-8, TR-7, '75 Bricklin, '67 Fairlane HT, '63 Avanti, '27 Model T, (and 5 other XR4s)
My other car is a Tow Vehicle.
M E R K U R
Level 1
Level 1

Post by M E R K U R »

so get any emails...i live in vero if there are alot of people going to come i might come myself.
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"
FURIOUSS

Post by FURIOUSS »

I have already started to get responses, and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. Not bad.

I'll give an update as to how many people are planning to come as we get closer.

I'll also give details on location and meeting time.
(Probably a nice County Park with plenty of shade.)
'05 Mazdaspeed Miata,'92 Daytona IROC R/T, '81 Delorean,'80 TR-8, A 2nd TR-8, TR-7, '75 Bricklin, '67 Fairlane HT, '63 Avanti, '27 Model T, (and 5 other XR4s)
FURIOUSS

Post by FURIOUSS »

Looks like we are moving the Get Together to Saturday the 15th.
Apparently there are a lot of conflicting events on Sunday.

I'll post more as we get closer, But
A good location seems to Be Lettuce Lake Park in north Tampa.
It is right off of I-75, so it is easy to find and in a pretty good location no matter where you are coming from.

Later
FURIOUSS

Post by FURIOUSS »

CANCELLED / POSTPONED

It looks like we are getting to many conflicts with other activities to get a good turnout.
I should have given people more notice, but it was a last minute idea to get something organized.

I’ll keep a list of people who responded (Thank you) and try again at a later date.

FURIOUSS
M E R K U R
Level 1
Level 1

Post by M E R K U R »

so when you think the meet will be like a month?
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"
Whatchamacalit
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Whatchamacalit »

I'll be in orlando during the thanksgiving holidays. and probably st pete for the weekend. If there were a meet I'd be there but doubtful anyone else would during the holidays.
I'm already addicted to this car and I don't even own it yet...
FURIOUSS

Post by FURIOUSS »

Right now I'm working with MangoStick to find out who may be interested in a get together.
If you have not already done so, feel free to send either of us an email

Unfortunately this weekend (10-15) isn't working for a lot of people because of a bunch of other events.
Also, Unfortunately, it is my only free weekend for 6 weeks.
It's car show/autocross season in Florida after all.

I'm FURIOUSS
mangostick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mangostick »

actualy, as much feedback as possible on when and where for everyone to meet up would be helpfull... there are a few of us in the tampa/st Pete areas but its not easy to organize everyone. I do realize that from now till about newyears will be chock full of events/family obligations and whatnot..but if we ARE going to pull this off then we need people to let us know how best we can come to some sort of compromis reguarding location and time/date. Mark and I are on to a good thing for fl owners...atleast I think so. Just as my "FURIOUSS" friend added...do feel free to make any suggestions/advice known. I really want to pull this off, it would be cool to get more of the somewhat scattered florida owners together and familiar with who's lurkin round the corner :wink:
where'd I put that damned hammer?? :-D

Shawn Mangan
W4ONO

Post by W4ONO »

Count me in when you have a final date. Would really enjoy seeing other XR4TI's ... I think I must be the only one that owns and drives one up here in Citrus County.
73 de Jim W4ONO .-.-.
Whatchamacalit
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Whatchamacalit »

I'd make the drive down there for the weekend to meet soem merkur owners. As far as I know I'm free most every weekend except hollween weekend. And like I said I'll even already be in that area thanksgiving weekend.
I'm already addicted to this car and I don't even own it yet...
gt8088

Post by gt8088 »

I would be intrested. Let me have a date and I will be there.
Thanks
George
Turbo = Boost =Adrenaline
Turbo Fords RULE
89 XR4Ti Daliy Driver, 88 XR4Ti Project