Picture Page Update - Suspension and Transmission Stuff

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Picture Page Update - Suspension and Transmission Stuff

Post by anglin »

All,

I managed to make three posts to the MerkurTech.com Picture Page today. Wow. It's like a mircale. I have all this stuff stored up for months and all of the sudden the over stuffed container it is in just blows up.

First, I have Grayson's solid aluminum beam mount bushings which are designed to go with the solid aluminum diff mounts that will be available shortly. Second, Matt Smith, of FireantRacing.com discovered some differences in T9 bellhousings. The differences are posted. Third, Chuck Warren allowed me to post pictures of his polyurethane transmission mount for the Scorpio.

Take a look:

www.merkurtech.com

That's five different subjects and 31 new pictures this month alone. I guess this is my Christmas present to you guys!

Enjoy!
Last edited by anglin on Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Anyone who isn't familiar with Merkur Tech and its Picture Pages section is missing out on A LOT. Thank you, Chris', for your efforts. 8)
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

John, thanks for your kind words. I always have a hard time gauging interest that the viewers have in the Picture Page (and MTech in general). It's always nice to hear people getting benefit from it. Makes my time worthwhile. I certainly wish I could grow the rest of the sections into something more useful.
www.mc2racing.com
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

That would be great, but even if you didn't, that resource (Picture Pages) would stand on its own... and let's not overlook all of the great info that's on the other sections. It's a first-rate site, and you should be justifiably proud of it all.
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
ShaneXR4Ti
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ShaneXR4Ti »

Just to reinforce what John has said. I've benifitted from the picture pages and the Mtech. Without those two pieces I couldn't have known so much about my Merk. Its invaluable the info you have provided for us. Thanks for keeping the site up.
1988 Merkur XR4Ti 5-speed
Gillis adj. boost reg. - Forge BOV
Adj. fuel pressure regulator - TC intercooler
Autometer boost/vac. guage & Stoich meter
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Yup - a great resource & many thanks for your efforts Chris.

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I try not to do "me too" posts, but in this case ....yea, what they said :lol:
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

Oh what the hell, just call me Alex tonight! ME TOO!!!
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

F'kin ell.....
Yeah, I've always looked at the Picture Pages! 8)
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

Aw shucks guys! :oops:

Thanks for the compliments and the appreciation. Now I know, when my wife is unhappy with me for being on the computer too much, that you guys are happy with me for being on the computer too much!
www.mc2racing.com
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Yup, it all balances out! Stay online! We love your site! :D
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
mangostick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mangostick »

well, I dont know what she'll think of this... but if it helps then tell her we greatly appreciate her tolerance and patience reguarding your efforts and dedication to the cause. I was lucky enough to stumble on to a girl that likes my car as much as I do and does'nt mind my endless musing, pipe dreams and late night tinkering. They are a rare breed and need very much to catch some recognition for it. Ok, sap mode off.. So Colin...when are some of those holset/volvo head pics going to get to the picture pages??? hehehe :lol: By the way I've also found them to be quite invaluable Chris, keep it up!
where'd I put that damned hammer?? :-D

Shawn Mangan
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

mangostick wrote:So Colin...when are some of those holset/volvo head pics going to get to the picture pages??? hehehe :lol:
Probably never! I've got too many pictures of the project... I'll just have to continue to host them all myself. Maybe I'll get my site added to the 'Desktop... :?

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
fast_xr4@yahoo.com
Level 2
Level 2

Post by fast_xr4@yahoo.com »

OK - blatant thread hijack. How do I get my hands on those bushings asap? I am dropping the rear end this weekend. It doesn't need to be back in right away but the sooner the better. I'm in SC. We race year round!
'86 XR 340rwhp @ 5k
'05 STi dp, hdr
'05 Freestyle CAI
Grayson
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Grayson »

How do I get my hands on those bushings asap?
Well, you can't (unless you make me an offer I can't refuse for my set). Honestly, I think I'm going to do a group purchase for these really soon. There have been a handful of people asking to purchase these now, and with Anglin introducing his solid diff mounts, it seems like the time is right to actually begin formal production. I'll probably only make enough to match the number of solid diff mounts Chris has produced, so these will be a limited run. The good news is that these bushings don't go bad, so once they're purchased, they're good for life. Anyway, there is no doubt that we'll need a group purchase to get this project off the ground - the financial outlay required to get things started is otherwise insurmountable.

The point is that the bushings won't be available ASAP. We'll have to wait for a group purchase, and I usually leave those open for at least three weeks.