Award Categories (Input requested here too)

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Award Categories (Input requested here too)

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

The awards aren't really my gig, but I figured as long as I was creating one new Carlisle-related thread, why not two... :)

Most of you probably realize from last year that the awards were mostly revamped from previous years. I thought it worked out for the best, and most of the feedback I heard was positive. Any thoughts/suggestions for awards to delete or new awards to add?

Here's my vote for this year's new category... :lol:

Most likely to be led away in handcuffs after police are called in
turbofan
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Award Categories (Input requested here too)

Post by turbofan »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:The awards aren't really my gig, but I figured as long as I was creating one new Carlisle-related thread, why not two... :)

Most of you probably realize from last year that the awards were mostly revamped from previous years. I thought it worked out for the best, and most of the feedback I heard was positive. Any thoughts/suggestions for awards to delete or new awards to add?

Here's my vote for this year's new category... :lol:

the leaders of our 2 favorite websites, Brad and Erik, will tie for that one.

luke will punch the cops out and send them to see alex...

which makes alex the most likely one to be led away in handcuffs. who'd a thunk it?
Ed (yep, another Ed....)

THEY ALL (except partsie) RUN!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/turbofan
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Just for reference, what were the awards from last year? I was probably bullshitting with Wilky when they were being presented! :oops:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Colin wrote:Just for reference, what were the awards from last year? I was probably bullshitting with Wilky when they were being presented! :oops:
Going strictly from memory (probably missing a couple)....

Top 4 original/restored
Top 4 modified
4 "friends on the highway"
Best XR in show
Best Scorpio in show
Engineering excellence
MCA Member of the year
Eve Z' award

I'd like to see us have a couple "Celebrities choice" type awards - just need to find some celebrities :)
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

Best in show XR
top 3 most original/restored-XR -all years
top 3 performance modifed-XR -all years

Best in show Scorp
top 3 most orig/restored-scorp-all years
top 3 performance mod-score-all years

Eng.Excel.
MCA of the year
EVE
presidents pick
something for the COSWORTHS!!!!!
Carlisle staff pick
etc.....

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
Colin wrote:Just for reference, what were the awards from last year? I was probably bullshitting with Wilky when they were being presented! :oops:
Going strictly from memory (probably missing a couple)....

Top 4 original/restored
Top 4 modified
4 "friends on the highway"
Best XR in show
Best Scorpio in show
Engineering excellence
MCA Member of the year
Eve Z' award

I'd like to see us have a couple "Celebrities choice" type awards - just need to find some celebrities :)
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I'd like to see a "rat merk" award (if there wasn't one before...) That way, I'll have a chance of winning something... if only I can compete with Steve DuChene. :lol:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Colin wrote:I'd like to see a "rat merk" award (if there wasn't one before...) That way, I'll have a chance of winning something... if only I can compete with Steve DuChene. :lol:
But do you think enough people understand what that is?

I don't really think Steve's car would be a contender there. His car is just ratty. You can have a "nicely done rat" that might have plaid upholstery and a hideous (but fresh and well done) lime green paint job that might be a contender. 8)

P.S. I've got some sources for plaid fabric Colin. :P
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Jackie Stewart's already done enough for the Merkur Community...
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:4 "friends on the highway"
We need to give Saul a quick lesson in German pronounciation before the presentation this year or that β might cause problems again. Or perhaps we could just replace the "β" with "ss" and reduce the confusion.

Anyway, I thought the award selection was good last year. Minor tweeks, if any, really is all that is required, IMO. That Engineering Excellence award didn't turn out to be about engineering at all; just good and thorough assembly of a clean car, with a few now-common mods. The judge who focused the attention of the other judges on one of the contenders kept citing a front coilover conversion as a reason for choosing the car. I thought that was kinda odd.

In reality, if we had 7 DG-types there might be more reasonable of a pool to choose from. We only have one. Perhaps renaming/reclassing the award so there is more than one legitimate contender is a good idea.

Actually, how about an award for the jackass who leaves his 36" CB whip antenna on the roof of his XR the whole time, complete with black masking tape on the Strato Silver paint to hold the antenna cable down. Okay, so I really don't want that award...
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
:twisted: Bob Saffian. I saw him put his wrists together and volunteer to be "unjustifibly" arrested in the parking lot Fri. night - there were no takers, imagine that! :lol:
I thought the award catagories were much better this last time around than in previous years, FWIW.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
:twisted: Bob Saffian. I saw him put his wrists together and volunteer to be "unjustifibly" arrested in the parking lot Fri. night - there were no takers, imagine that! :lol:
Those 16 year-old girls just don't listen like they should! :lol:

"Who's your Daddy?" :twisted:
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

we may have to seperate out the 'rat' and the 'junkyard dog' awards and then theres alway 'just go freakin fast-screw everything else' award.

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
Colin wrote:I'd like to see a "rat merk" award (if there wasn't one before...) That way, I'll have a chance of winning something... if only I can compete with Steve DuChene. :lol:

I don't really think Steve's car would be a contender there. His car is just ratty. You can have a "nicely done rat" that might have plaid upholstery and a hideous (but fresh and well done) lime green paint job that might be a contender. 8)

jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

I Like the Rat Merk Award, I 2nd that. Brian Hart wanted that in 2005.

I am for making sure Alex is left off...no no I have an idea (stolen idea from another club) The Agitator Award. Basically, get an agitator from an old washing machine, paint it up, make it fancy and hand it out to the best PITA in the club, lovingly of course.

How about a Best Budget Car? A neat car with a lot less money spent than Tarin has.

A "Why did you do that to your Merkur?" award or "What made you think of that?" (Roland Zuk award may have this covered).

Long distance awards. More than one. Perhaps do it in regions, i.e. Canada, Mid-West, South...
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:

Whoa, great idea! Bring on the lumberjack-red plaid! :lol:
Instagram @colinrdoyle
Specktor
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Specktor »

If there was an ugliest color I might have a shot at that one lol
88 maroon xr4ti,
88 xr4ti now blue.