Hotel Carlisle Reservation Info

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Hotel Carlisle Reservation Info

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

We're less than 6 months away from our annual gathering in Carlisle, so it's time to start firming up your plans. Based on your feedback we will be returning to Hotel Carlisle as our "base of operations". Rest assured we are addressing the minor issues we had last year - no "police action" for this year's event! :roll:

Here's the info you need to know:

Hotel reservation phone#: 800.692.7315
Rate: $107.95 (Must request Merkur Club of America group rate)
Dates: June 2-4 (Fri, Sat, Sunday departure)
Early (Thur) arrival and/or late (Mon) departure permitted at group rate

We do realize the rate is increased some from last year, but that seems to be the case across all of the nearby (and not so nearby) hotels. We considered the Radisson in Camp Hill, and even at 10+ miles further away, the best group rate they could offer was $119. As most of you Carlisle-regulars know, lots of folks double-up and split a room. Feel free to post a message if you're looking to share a room.

Go ahead and make your reservation now so you don't get shut out later. Your credit card won't be billed until the day of the event; worse case, you can cancel should something unexpected come up.

Brad
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Whoo Whoo - I'm in :lol: and I only had to spell "merkur" five times for the dimwit at the hotel!! :roll:

Wilky

Oops - just realized I shouldn't have posted this here - sorry BOSS
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

wilky wrote:Whoo Whoo - I'm in :lol: and I only had to spell "merkur" five times for the dimwit at the hotel!! :roll:

Wilky

Oops - just realized I shouldn't have posted this here - sorry BOSS
Yea, they haven't got Carlisle's "Best & Brightest" working the phones at times. :roll: Make sure you get a confirmation number and re-confirm what days you are staying.

No problem posting here - that's what it's for! :)
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Yea, they haven't got Carlisle's "Best & Brightest" working the phones at times. :roll: :)
...or DO they...? :shock:
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

So, it's the middle of February and I've already registered with Carlisle Productions AND the hotel. What is going on with me? Have you made sure you are covered too? Every year some folks end up at the wrong hotel because they waited too long. Don't get caught out!
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

:shock: I hear people are calling to make reservations and they're saying the hotel is already sold out!?! Brad, perhaps you could look into this / possibly get more rooms added?
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote::shock: I hear people are calling to make reservations and they're saying the hotel is already sold out!?! Brad, perhaps you could look into this / possibly get more rooms added?
Hmmm, sounds like somebody gave him the wrong answer. :? Maybe he spelled Merkur wrong, or he said "MCA" instead of "Merkur Club of America"? I actually just spoke with the hotel on Friday, and there are still plenty of our allocated rooms left - probably more than we'll need, since the allocation was based on last years record attendance. Could you get him to call back and try again, or just tell him to contact me?

Thanks for the heads-up Mike...
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Will do. There is a thread on Merkursport and it seems that quite a lot of people have called and got the same "sold out" answer :?
I'll post a link to this tread over there...
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Phil, Hal and Taryn have called. Taryn called on Monday and said both the MCA and Merkur Club and they told her that the Hotel is sold out but it was fine for the 5th! :roll:

So Brad, what is the exact wording people should use when calling?
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

fastmaul wrote:Phil, Hal and Taryn have called. Taryn called on Monday and said both the MCA and Merkur Club and they told her that the Hotel is sold out but it was fine for the 5th! :roll:

So Brad, what is the exact wording people should use when calling?
WTF??? :evil:

I talked to the new sales mgr on Friday - I wonder if while he was checking how many rooms were left he inadvertently hit something wrong and screwed up our room allocation? That's the only possible thing I can think of, giving that the timing is so close.

I'm calling in the morning - sit tight, this will be fixed.
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MarkM »

We booked our room Monday. When my wife first called, they told her the hotel was sold out for the weekend before she even had a chance to say anything about "Merkur Club". I told her to try again and see if the Merkur Club block was sold out and she got a room without any problem.
Mark
wesvailco
Level 4
Level 4

Post by wesvailco »

"new sales mgr" :lol: oh, dear.....best of luck to him and good luck to y'all....
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Okay, we're all good here - several rooms still available, but going fast. Book today or cry tomorrow. :cry:

The key thing to say is "Merkur Club" group rate, although I've tried to educate them that "MCA" is the same thing (probably to no avail). I think Taryn made her reservation this morning Erik - I've got her confirmation #, credit card#, mother's maiden name, and shoe size here that I can post up if you'd like. :twisted:
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Yep, I told her to try again sayin the Merkur Club of America, Biggest car club in all of All Ford Nationals, envied by all and the reason your hotel calls the police. FPMSL.
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

fastmaul wrote:Yep, I told her to try again sayin the Merkur Club of America, Biggest car club in all of All Ford Nationals, envied by all and the reason your hotel calls the police. FPMSL.
Maybe that's what she actually told them the first time, and was the reason they told her there were no more rooms! :haha