Pics of our progess.

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Consider the split, or dual, rear window our equivalent of a Town Car opera window, a step above the hoi polloi Cossie single pane.

I prefer it, too. :wink:

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
granth
Level 3
Level 3

Post by granth »

I try to be okay with it, and I am better than I was before. I don't nearly barf when I walk up to my car these days thankfully, but I still think it kills the natural aethetics of the shell.

BTW: I was like, "he's confused' when you were talking about the louvres. I could also go without them without a worry. Probably will go without actually.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I would propose that Ed's suggestion that the Merkur's split window was "Town Car-like" is much more barf-worthy. :puke (Hey, finally found a good use for that emoticon!)
Brad
turbofan
Level 7
Level 7

Post by turbofan »

i'm gonna agree with brad. barfarrific. no townies here.

yeah, i am a bit argumentative. under a lotta stress i guess.

but yeah, i was just responding to the post that had just been done. i shoulda quoted it.
Ed (yep, another Ed....)

THEY ALL (except partsie) RUN!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/turbofan
DAReese
Level 7
Level 7

Re:

Post by DAReese »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:49 am
NickW wrote:Being that they are all covered heavily with tar, they might have been put there to allow for the tar to spread/lay evening. Instead of forming weird shapes the tar would simply fill in the cracks.
Sorry, can't buy that one. The largest grouping of louvers is in the forward footwells, where it's pretty close to dead flat.

We need to find someone on the inside at Ford who was involved with the engineering of this body.
We've got just the person this year at Carlisle....
David Reese

88 XR4Ti - mono white T5, someday to be bi wing
89 Scorpio - waiting on some parts before it hits the road again
88 XR4Ti - mono red C3, parts car
used to own 86 dark blue traded in on a min van, what was I thinking?