Carlisle Regrets

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Carlisle Regrets

Post by anglin »

It's difficult to say that I actually have any regrets about the Carlisle weekend. Every year is just as enjoyable as the first (though, my first Carlisle felt more like a drug induced stupor, since it was the most Merkurs I had ever seen). Nine Carlisles later I still look forward to the weekend.

There are a lot of folks who I wish I could have met or spent more time talking to. I really appreciated all the folks who came up to me and introduced themselves. It was a pleasure to have met all of you.
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
SARON81
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SARON81 »

I wish I would've checked the spare tire in my car before I needed it.
smoke3006
Level 4
Level 4

Post by smoke3006 »

I regret not going this year, I hope to be driving out in my XR next year.
Looking forward to meeting everyone 8)
Last edited by smoke3006 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sam
'86 Regency Red Metallic XR4Ti -Blood Monkey

Cure your fever:
http://www.morecowbell.dj/
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I know you all want me to say I regret putting a Pontiac Grand Prix nose on my XR, but you won't hear that. In a slightly twisted way :twisted: I had more fun with that than anything I've ever done to the car. Here's some of the comments I remember....

"That is just so wrong."
"Have you lost your mind?"
"Why?"
"You've sunk to a whole new level I didn't realize existed"

So I'm struggling for any regrets. I suppose I could say I regret not chasing after the rent-a-cop security guard and letting him know we would be out in the parking lot into the wee hours of the morning, and he should check with the front desk to verify that's not a problem.
Brad
KingpinCEO
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KingpinCEO »

I REGRET HAVING TO LOOK AT A HALFASSED PONTIAC GRILL HELD UP BY WOODEN JENGA BLOCKS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

MERK-SET!!! MERK-SET!!! MERK-SET!!! MERK-SET!!! MERK-SET!!! MERK-SET!!! MERK-SET!!!

M.S. FO' LIFE!!!
1985 Merkur XR4Ti - 2.5 ranger block greyhound bus turbo
1988 Mercedes Benz 190e - awaiting airbag suspension
2005 Dodge Magnum - 336,000 Mile Daily driver
2008 Subaru Legacy GT - crazy loud boxer rumble
2009 Suzuki GSX650F - crotch rocket

ig: @DJ_Kingpin
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

I regret not going-- and seeing all of your happy faces.

This year has just been a little different, to say the least. We leave in a few days for the Big Summer Road Trip-- t'were it not for that, I'd have gone-- I'll be sure to plan better next year... :?
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Reno3133
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reno3133 »

I regret not putting my c/f grille in time before carlisle...

I DON'T REGRET STEALING SOME PIZZA SLICES WITHOUT KNOWING THAT IT WAS OWNED BY THE 4X4 OWNERS....

hahahahahahahahah LOL

I regret, not taking the chance to piss on that dudes face at our very nice enjoyable breakfast that he interrupted.....

that douche... >.>
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

I agree Reno.
I regret not slapping the $#!* out of someone while we were eating breakfast, but I decided to be a lady, and not start $#!%.

I regret not saying anything more to the mic while it was handed to me in the winner circle..I frozed up

I regret not being able to go on the side roads with the NY crew..and watch them have fun, while being in the Audi..

I regret not being able to walk around and seeing the same $#!* every year :lol:

I defintily DON"T regret telling all of the people asking me..."aren't you tired of winning"..... and saying "NOPE" :lol: :lol:
Turb23dog

Post by Turb23dog »

For me, there just wasn't time enough to do everything. I only saw a small portion of the swap meet vendor isles, and never made it up to the For Sale Corral.

For the first time in 8 Carlisle weekends, I stayed on the showfield late on Saturday afternoon for the Beauty Contest and most of the Burn Out Contest which were a really good time. This meant that I got back to the hotel in barely enough time to get cleaned up for our banquet.

Also for the first time, I left the showfield early Sunday morning to drive to the big hotrod show in York, PA. While the drive over two lane twisty country roads and fine early summer weather were near spectacular, I think I'll pass on that next time and stay at Carlisle for the Awards and the giveaway contest. Feeling sorry that I missed that and the chance to say "So long till next year" to everyone.

Rich
KingpinCEO
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KingpinCEO »

Reno3133 wrote: I regret, not taking the chance to piss on that dudes face at our very nice enjoyable breakfast that he interrupted.....

that douche... >.>
lets keep the group together people!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll:
1985 Merkur XR4Ti - 2.5 ranger block greyhound bus turbo
1988 Mercedes Benz 190e - awaiting airbag suspension
2005 Dodge Magnum - 336,000 Mile Daily driver
2008 Subaru Legacy GT - crazy loud boxer rumble
2009 Suzuki GSX650F - crotch rocket

ig: @DJ_Kingpin
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

I REGRET HAVING TO LOOK AT A HALFASSED PONTIAC GRILL HELD UP BY WOODEN JENGA BLOCKS.
Why do you say it was "only" half-assed ? I think it might have been a little more.....

Actually, it took a lot of vision <cough> to come up with, and then execute that experiment (its an experiment, right Brad....) And with that in mind, it took some bawls to show up with it. I have to applaud <golf clap> him for that.
smoke3006
Level 4
Level 4

Post by smoke3006 »

KingpinCEO wrote:I REGRET HAVING TO LOOK AT A HALFASSED PONTIAC GRILL HELD UP BY WOODEN JENGA BLOCKS.
I regret not being able to see that in person :lol:
sam
'86 Regency Red Metallic XR4Ti -Blood Monkey

Cure your fever:
http://www.morecowbell.dj/
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

yeah, and then he gave himself an award :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SARON81
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SARON81 »

merkurmaniac wrote:Why do you say it was "only" half-assed ?
Wooden block spacer + chicken wire filler = halfassed.
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

then he gave himself an award
Joking there, right ?? That was a total surprise to Brad. Myself and Steve K from California came up with that one. The "award" was a Pontiac baseball cap that we bought in the vendor section. The seller told us that he could help us get out of the car show by sneaking us out in a truck (assumed we were closet pontiac fans, I guess.)