Carlisle Regrets

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
Reno3133
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reno3133 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
smoke3006
Level 4
Level 4

Post by smoke3006 »

:haha :lol:
sam
'86 Regency Red Metallic XR4Ti -Blood Monkey

Cure your fever:
http://www.morecowbell.dj/
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

Humm...might take you on that offer Brad! :D
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

ztee24 wrote:Humm...might take you on that offer Brad! :D
Please do. The only one I have though is from 2003 - the only year of the past eight when we came in second rather than first. What's up with that? :? I think Paul ended up taking the one home from this year.
Brad
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Not me, Saul I believe. I have the amazing neon light-up one from 2000.
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

Haahaa.there's a neon one?! That's cool!
8)
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

I am just curious..... What could anyone want a physical trophy for most cars at Calisle award for ??

It kind of makes me think of this guy I used to work with. His cubicle was full of tons of tennis trophies. We always joked that they were at work, since his wife was probably so sick of hearing about tennis, that she made him take them to work.

I guess I don't understand the trophy idea. Just knowing that we (collectively) beat the fairlane guys is good enough for me. I do have one trophy in my office, it is for first place in the 1k relay, or something like that, at the 1999 (last year they had it) S&B Turkey Trot, our company picnic. I ended up with it, since I was one of the last to leave and it seemed poor form to leave it at the picnic site.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

fastmaul wrote:One last thing, Brad told me maybe we should have a gang fight, if we do, can we have it by the ugly cars, the nice ones have spent to much money and time to get them there LOL.
-Erik
New Round of Sucktarian Violence Feared Brewing.
By M. Air-Coor, V, Hickle, Otto M. Obile, and Justa Carr-Guy.

Events during and at the recent pilgrimage and ritual gathering by members of a lost tribe of FoMoCo to Mecca, PA was characterized by rumblings of internecine squabbling in private and in public.

At issue appears to be control of the sacred rites and assignment of high priest/priestess positions. Positions regarding these appear to have been staked out along a generational divide.

A cohort populated by mostly younger Gen-Xer types was drawn to the preachings and sermons of the hard-line reactionary Abu Whereda Fukawi [aka Muqtada al FastMaul, his nom de guerre]. Fukawi’s platform is rooted in the philosophy of the reclusive Bin Dardundat who is committed to the overthrow of the old order.

This new cohort are called Shites, an appellation derived apparently from their fondness and dedication to creating, exchanging, and talking shite. The Shites engage in these and other secret rituals during hourly calls-to-prayers at their sacred mosque, MerkurShite where revolutionary fervor is cultivated and nurtured.

At the recent gathering in Mecca, PA, the Shites were reportedly observed openly practicing and training in their formerly secret rite of pissing and moaning, possibly in anticipation of a move to adopting insurgency tactics. Some Shites are known to be afflicted with IEDsâ€â€
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

Ed --

That was brilliant. *Standing Ovation*

8)
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
xr4man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by xr4man »

i almost fell out of my chair, that's too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ian the re-animator
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Hahahahahahahah oh shite that was funny. Gen Xer will always win by default... 8)
You forgot to add this report was written by an unbiased Fox reporter. haha Long live the bush... well until she shaves it. hahaha (uh oh, someone might start crying at that last comment.) :lol:
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
SARON81
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SARON81 »

:lol: priceless Ed!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Ed- Has this story been submitted to the newswire yet, or are you giving us the exclusive rights to it??? :lol:
Brad
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

What was that about "old age and cunning beating youth and inexperience every time?" :lol:

Ed skinny-dips with the sharks!
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost