Some questions & some pics.

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
Serruchero

Some questions & some pics.

Post by Serruchero »

Hi there,im from Spain(Europe)and i have a Ford Sierra.its a 2liter 115hp sohc,with 17" Kosei wheels,Bilstein Sport front suspension and a lot of restoration work in the chassis.im sorry for my english,its quite bad.
well,some pics of my Sierra 3 door.
the little engine:
and the new OMP steering wheel:
Serruchero

Post by Serruchero »

now im looking for a merkur XR4TI engine,and the gearbox too.complete engine,with all the turbo system including I/C and electronic parts.so,im looking for a complete car,and ship it to muy country,to make a swap.
my idea is to put the engine in my car,with a differencial(its called like that?)
why i dont buy a sierra cosworth?....2liter and 220hp,quite bad transmision,every month spending money in it,its not the perfect idea for a dialy use car...im looking for a tought engine,and a tought transmision,and i think the Merkur engine is the best option...dou you think?
Serruchero

Post by Serruchero »

do someone knows the price of shiping a car to europe?
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Nice car! Welcome! :D I think you're the first Spainaird we've adopted! :lol:

What year is your Sierra? Are there many still on the road in Spain?

Transport cost across the ocean will probably be more expensive than the car itself, but I do agree that it is the best way to acquire a drive-train. If you do it one piece at a time, it will be a bigger challenge.

One thing to consider however is getting a T5 transmission rather than the T9 that came with the Merkurs. The T5 is stronger, and there are parts readily available for them. I realize that may not be the case in Spain however.
Brad
Serruchero

Post by Serruchero »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Nice car! Welcome! :D I think you're the first Spainaird we've adopted! :lol:

What year is your Sierra? Are there many still on the road in Spain?

Transport cost across the ocean will probably be more expensive than the car itself, but I do agree that it is the best way to acquire a drive-train. If you do it one piece at a time, it will be a bigger challenge.

One thing to consider however is getting a T5 transmission rather than the T9 that came with the Merkurs. The T5 is stronger, and there are parts readily available for them. I realize that may not be the case in Spain however.
hey!thanks a lot.my sierra is an 87' model,im from a spanish club of sierras,we have the 2liter version,sohc and dohc,and many cosworths.rs 3 doors and sapphires...you better take a look on this pics: http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=672801
well,it wolud be perfect if i can find a T5 transmission placed in a XR4ti... :wink: T5 is the mustang one?do someone of you have installed a limited slid differencial?
have you any idea for imporving the brakes system of the car?
sorry for askin too much... :lol:
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

So is anyone else dooling about his large glass rear quarter panels with Mk2 tail lights? I'd give my brother's left nut for a set of those!
XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service
Serruchero

Post by Serruchero »

SvoSierra wrote:So is anyone else dooling about his large glass rear quarter panels with Mk2 tail lights? I'd give my brother's left nut for a set of those!
thanks for your help,men.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Serruchero wrote:well,it wolud be perfect if i can find a T5 transmission placed in a XR4ti... :wink: T5 is the mustang one?do someone of you have installed a limited slid differencial?
have you any idea for imporving the brakes system of the car?
sorry for askin too much... :lol:
Yes, the T5 has been used in the Mustang for years. Bear in mind, there are different gearsets and versions depending on the model year of the car and engine type. You can not just say "I want a T5" and expect to get the correct one.

There are several options for LSD in this car, but the only one that is plug-and-play is the stock unit found only in Euro cars. We often import those from the UK, if not going with something like the Ford 8.8 or Toyota 8.0.
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Serru-

By any chance, do you or any of your amigos over there have some spare rocker covers, as I've circled below?

I'd be interested in having a couple sets shipped over for cash or trade.
Brad
vcallaway
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vcallaway »

Can I toss a "Me too" on that?
Vince Callaway
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Su coche en elegante, bello, masculino, magnifico, my sobrino! :wink:

YMMV :roll:
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
Reno3133
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reno3133 »

hay tantos 2.3 turbo en ebay.com pero el shipping es carro.
Reno3133
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reno3133 »

su caro es bellisimo... 8)
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Serruchero wrote:now im looking for a merkur XR4TI engine,and the gearbox too.complete engine,with all the turbo system including I/C and electronic parts.so,im looking for a complete car,and ship it to muy country,to make a swap.
my idea is to put the engine in my car,with a differencial(its called like that?)
why i dont buy a sierra cosworth?....2liter and 220hp,quite bad transmision,every month spending money in it,its not the perfect idea for a dialy use car...im looking for a tought engine,and a tought transmision,and i think the Merkur engine is the best option...dou you think?
Es usted listo y preparado/capacitado de pagar lo que va costar (no se yo exactamente cuanto costaria, pero seguramente seria en el rango hacia $10,000 US or algo mas)? Por ejemplor, yo conozco uno o dos personas, muy expertos en los XR4Tis, quienes han modificado sus carros y carros de otras personas en la manera que usted contempla; possiblement, uno de ellos consideraria ayudando usted lograr su afan. Pero seguramente ellos necessitaria aseguranza de pago for sus esfuerzos.

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
Serruchero

Post by Serruchero »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Serru-

By any chance, do you or any of your amigos over there have some spare rocker covers, as I've circled below?

I'd be interested in having a couple sets shipped over for cash or trade.
this piece can be found in spain,but its quite difficult.some people of my "censo"or club,has been waitin for this two pieces for months or years...its a cosworth original body kit part and as all cosworth pieces,its rare and expensive.for example im selling my original cossie rear wing for 600 euros here in spain,and i hope i can sell it very easily for 500 euros.
if i see this pieces i will tell you,but its not very usual.
if you are very interested,i could make fiber copies of it,in a future.