Toolots sale

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Toolots sale

Post by brokencase »

No vested interest, but I got an email notification from this vendor. I had previously purchased machine tools and 3d printer filament from them.
They are sort of like Harbor Freight, but also carry commercial stuff.

Anyway they are having a big sale. https://www.toolots.com/ng-frontend/top ... vitiesSale

Some bargains in their automotive tools section. $20 lion car battery boost starters, etc..

Elsewhere, $113 MIG welders, 13" Thickness planer $112, Rolls of ABS 3d printer filament for $6.

No free shipping but the shipping is reasonable.
Specialization is for Insects
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Toolots sale

Post by my8950 »

Looks like Temu Tools.
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Post by brokencase »

This was an unbelievable good deal...
https://www.toolots.com/ng-frontend/pro ... ry+7500rpm

I thought it would be garbage but for $15 I took a gamble. I can't believe how nice it is. Came with a 4amp/hr battery and charger and a grinding wheel.

I'm going to sharpen the lawn mower blades tomorrow and give it a workout.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

I like to use an angle grinder with a flapper wheel (24g-80g) to sharpen mower blades. Usually a 60g from harbor freight. So they don't get too hot I just do a few passes each end then set it aside and start on the next. If you count the passes and are nice and consistent it will still be nicely balanced when you are done.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Thanks for this, Dean.

Just received a 15$ 20v 1/4" impact driver (all the utility/power I need.)

And a 17$ 40v good CFM rating leaf blower.

$47 shipped.

Haven't road tested these yet but they look solid. indeed the leaf blower feels a bit heavier and not quite as evenly balanced with battery attached than demo models at HF. We'll see.

Also ordered a collapsible shaft (easier to transport in a sedan) lithium battery weed wacker but my payment processing was mishandled by their system so it I had to contact Toolots (a bit frustrating) to get it straightened out. It should arrive in a week. $20 but shipping (from CA) was $26: longer box I assume. So also $47.

Toolots website for specific product categories just didn't work over a few days of trying. So I had to scroll and scroll waiting for bargains to appear. It seems some sale items as above and Dean's angle grinder must be on clearance, which is good for smart buyers.

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Post by brokencase »

Well, it looks like the sale is over. It was definitely clearance (or just China dumping) because they no longer sell the items I had purchased.

I ended up getting few more rechargeable tools that use the same battery style as the angle grinder.
A pressure washer and a HLVP paint sprayer.

I already have a gas powered pressure washer that a neighbor was throwing away and I revived. But this lithium powered washer is more appropriate to use for washing the vehicles and it stores more easily. It also does a nice job blowing the mildew off of the house siding.

Not sure what I will use the cordless HLVP sprayer for....but I'll think of something,

Couldn't resist picking up a spare battery for $5. I don't know how they can sell a 20v 4ah lion battery at that price.
And a carbide 60 tooth 7" blade for the circular saw that I think was around $2.

Clearly a case where shipping was comparable or more than the price of the items.