Scorpio V2.0 has arrived : )

Scorpio / Scorpio Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Interesting!

BTW, I've got a full interior FS of that same cloth and color. I've got pics if you're interested.

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

It's amazing how "un-black" the black headliner looks next to the painted black parts and trim.
"Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power is derived from a mandate from the masses, not from some farsical aquatic ceremony."
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

Ed Lijewski wrote:Interesting!

BTW, I've got a full interior FS of that same cloth and color. I've got pics if you're interested.

YMMV 8)
Ed.

Aside from the headliner, the interior of this car was/is in good shape. I'll keep that in mind though.

I did break one of the driver side c-pilar pieces when I was pulling things apart, but I might have one from the old car...if I thought to save it.
"Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power is derived from a mandate from the masses, not from some farsical aquatic ceremony."
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

OK.

Finally! Finally ! Finally! I am getting started on the T-5 swap.

I'm opting to drop the whole lot, engine/trans/crossmember/fr susp out the bottom. I decided it would be less of a pain in my butt to get the old stuff off, and the new stuff fitted while working in the garage, and not on my back in the driveway.

I spent a handful of hours getting everything disconnected and tagged. It's all ready to drop.

I'm not on any huge time crunch, as I have the canopy up over the driveway, and I don't need to have the car to drive right away, so I may get into a couple more of the projects I want to address as well.
Last edited by Chuck W on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

It's serious now...

The steering coupling gave me a bit of hassle, but everything else was loose or disconnected.

Next session will involve lifting the car up a bit to roll the assembly out from underneath.

Anyone going to want/need a decent-shifting A4LD?
Last edited by Chuck W on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tssample

Post by tssample »

Awesome project, dude. I read through this whole entire thing and everything looks really great. Keep up the good work, man. :wink:
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Chuck W wrote:Next session will involve lifting the car up a bit to roll the assembly out from underneath.
Pics required. Never seen a Scorpio Funny Car! :lol:
Brad
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
Chuck W wrote:Next session will involve lifting the car up a bit to roll the assembly out from underneath.
Pics required. Never seen a Scorpio Funny Car! :lol:
Well, it may require a couple non-OSHA-approved methods, due to the location of the car, but it shouldn't be too bad. :P

Hoping to get to that this Sat.
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

OK, a couple quick pics.
I got the engine/trans/susp out from under the front of the car.

It really wasn't too bad, and all I did was make sure the rear wheels were chocked and just used the jack to get the car high enough to drag the stuff out from underneath.

It's all separated now, waiting for me to attack it.

One of the reasons I opted to just pull the whole thing was this...

Looks like typical corrosion from the battery being above. I just figured it would be easier to address with nothing else in the way.

Now that I have the engine out and sitting there, I'm trying to organize my "to do" list. I plan on doing oil pump and oil pan gasket while it's out. I'm fighting the urge to at least build a new driver side exhaust manifold for preparation of the turbo addition, perhaps make a bracket that allows for a 3G alt swap, swap in my intake and single-bore TB set-up, build a new Y-pipe, say screw it and get the MS together and installed, install the turbo, etc. Just trying to keep it from getting away from me.
Last edited by Chuck W on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Chuck W wrote:One of the reasons I opted to just pull the whole thing was this...

Looks like typical corrosion from the battery being above. I just figured it would be easier to address with nothing else in the way.
Confirmed. :lol:

I just re-did the seam sealer the other day - guess I didn't take pics - can't document every-freaking-thing. :lol:
Brad
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

Yeah, I just wanted to get to it before it became something to worry about.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Chuck W wrote:Yeah, I just wanted to get to it before it became something to worry about.
Just be careful of the "While you're in there" monster. He's a vicious bastard who will eat up all your time!
Brad
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
Chuck W wrote:Yeah, I just wanted to get to it before it became something to worry about.
Just be careful of the "While you're in there" monster. He's a vicious bastard who will eat up all your time!
Trust me, I know. My list of potentials in that category is kind of daunting.
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

1...2...3. Three pedals. Yup, got the pedals swapped and the old shifter pulled today.
Last edited by Chuck W on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

Decided to get the thing on an engine stand today. Will be easier to do what I needed to do this way. Had to get another engine off the stand first though.

I'd also forgotten that I had this...

I plan on taking the front cover off, etc. So this will be useful in getting things realigned properly.

Probably going to swap the intake and the single-bore TB thing on while I have it apart as well.
Last edited by Chuck W on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.